Changes to the CFOO department

vkessler at wikimedia

Mar 3, 2011, 12:41 PM

Changes to the CFOO department

Hi All,

I'll be leaving WMF at the end of June to relocate with my family to
Austin, TX.This has been a difficult decision to make. I have worked
for the Foundation for more than 3 years and it has been an incredible
experience. I've had the opportunity here to wear many different hats
and to be part of a creative leadership team at the fastest-growing
non-profit in the U.S.I know that I will never encounter another
organization quite like WMF again, but I do hope to impart some of the
great aspects of WMF (such as transparency and collaboration) to other
organizations in the future.

I'm sticking around to to complete the development of the 2011-12
business plan, hence I'll be here with WMF until July 1. You can expect
me to be doing my normal work until then, and of course I'll be
available afterwards if the organization needs anything from me.

Thanks to everyone who is part of the fantastic projects of Wikimedia
and keep up the good work!

Veronique

wikipedia at frontier

Mar 3, 2011, 12:53 PM

Re: Changes to the CFOO department [In reply to]

On 3/3/2011 12:41 PM, Veronique Kessler wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who is part of the fantastic projects of Wikimedia
> and keep up the good work!
And thanks to you, Veronique, for all of your contributions. I have
enjoyed getting to know you and working with you. You will be greatly
missed, and have my best wishes for your future endeavors. The one
consolation is that as a movement built around online volunteers
worldwide, we are easy to find and never far away, no matter where you go.

--Michael Snow

renatawiki at gmail

Mar 5, 2011, 2:54 PM

Re: Changes to the CFOO department [In reply to]

Ditto Michael.
You have done a great job the past 3 years and you will be missed.

Renata

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Michael Snow <wikipedia [at] frontier> wrote:

> On 3/3/2011 12:41 PM, Veronique Kessler wrote:
> > Thanks to everyone who is part of the fantastic projects of Wikimedia
> > and keep up the good work!
> And thanks to you, Veronique, for all of your contributions. I have
> enjoyed getting to know you and working with you. You will be greatly
> missed, and have my best wishes for your future endeavors. The one
> consolation is that as a movement built around online volunteers
> worldwide, we are easy to find and never far away, no matter where you go.
>
> --Michael Snow

abbasjnr at hotmail

Mar 5, 2011, 11:41 PM

Re: Changes to the CFOO department [In reply to]

So will a new CFO be recruited or will that position remain unfilled, like what happened to the Volunteer Coordinator position?

-------------------------------------
Abbas Mahmood
t | +254722215101
f | www.facebook.com/abbasjnr
s | abbasjnr
Wikimedia Kenya Member

"Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet is given free access to the sum of all human knowledge. That's our commitment."

Please donate: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate/Now/en

> Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 17:54:40 -0500
> From: renatawiki [at] gmail
> To: foundation-l [at] lists
> Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Changes to the CFOO department
>
> Ditto Michael.
> You have done a great job the past 3 years and you will be missed.
>
> Renata
>
> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Michael Snow <wikipedia [at] frontier> wrote:
>
> > On 3/3/2011 12:41 PM, Veronique Kessler wrote:
> > > Thanks to everyone who is part of the fantastic projects of Wikimedia
> > > and keep up the good work!
> > And thanks to you, Veronique, for all of your contributions. I have
> > enjoyed getting to know you and working with you. You will be greatly
> > missed, and have my best wishes for your future endeavors. The one
> > consolation is that as a movement built around online volunteers
> > worldwide, we are easy to find and never far away, no matter where you go.
> >
> > --Michael Snow

Anthere9 at yahoo

Mar 8, 2011, 6:34 AM

Re: Changes to the CFOO department [In reply to]

Thank you Veronique for taking on that tough job of straightening WMF
financial procedures from basically scratch to what they are today. I
with you and your family the best of luck !

Florence