Data Summit Streaming

wiki at konsoletek

Feb 4, 2011, 9:36 AM

Data Summit Streaming

Once again, I get the joys of bringing you all fun video streams! Today's
stream(s) comes from the Data Summit [1] at O'Reilly HQ. Unlike my last set
of feeds (WCWC11/WikiX), this one should be basically all presentations and
hopefully a little more interesting (though we don't have a good pull for
the projections, sorry). As usual, the stream only need VLC [2].

The URL for the stream is: http://transcode1.wikimedia.org:8080 - All you
need to do is launch VLC > Media > Open Network Stream.

I give you the standard "there is no warranty". I'm going to (hopefully)
add a second stream later in the day and I'll send out an update when that
happens. If you've got questions/comments - email me directly or message me
on irc.freenode.net/#wikimedia (Username is in my signature)

Thanks-
-Jon
[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Data_summit_2011
[2] http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

--
Jon
[[User:ShakataGaNai]] / KJ6FNQ

phoebe.wiki at gmail

Feb 4, 2011, 9:44 AM

Re: Data Summit Streaming [In reply to]

Sweet! Thank you Jon.

-- phoebe

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Jon Davis <wiki [at] konsoletek> wrote:
> Once again, I get the joys of bringing you all fun video streams!  Today's
> stream(s) comes from the Data Summit [1] at O'Reilly HQ.  Unlike my last set
> of feeds (WCWC11/WikiX), this one should be basically all presentations and
> hopefully a little more interesting (though we don't have a good pull for
> the projections, sorry). As usual, the stream only need VLC [2].
>
> The URL for the stream is:  http://transcode1.wikimedia.org:8080 - All you
> need to do is launch VLC > Media > Open Network Stream.
>
> I give you the standard "there is no warranty".  I'm going to (hopefully)
> add a second stream later in the day and I'll send out an update when that
> happens.  If you've got questions/comments - email me directly or message me
> on irc.freenode.net/#wikimedia (Username is in my signature)
>
> Thanks-
> -Jon
> [1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Data_summit_2011
> [2] http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
>
> --
> Jon
> [[User:ShakataGaNai]] / KJ6FNQ
> http://snowulf.com/
> http://ipv6wiki.net/

<at> gmail.com *

wiki at konsoletek

Feb 4, 2011, 9:49 AM

Re: Data Summit Streaming [In reply to]

The setup is hacky, but we're talking about what we can do to get a better
(and portable) setup. I think everyone wants to do streams more regularly,
but we need a few very important pieces first (better camera, wireless
mic's, etc).

-Jon

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 09:44, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki [at] gmail> wrote:

> Sweet! Thank you Jon.
>
> -- phoebe
>
> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Jon Davis <wiki [at] konsoletek> wrote:
> > Once again, I get the joys of bringing you all fun video streams!
> Today's
> > stream(s) comes from the Data Summit [1] at O'Reilly HQ. Unlike my last
> set
> > of feeds (WCWC11/WikiX), this one should be basically all presentations
> and
> > hopefully a little more interesting (though we don't have a good pull for
> > the projections, sorry). As usual, the stream only need VLC [2].
> >
> > The URL for the stream is: http://transcode1.wikimedia.org:8080 - All
> you
> > need to do is launch VLC > Media > Open Network Stream.
> >
> > I give you the standard "there is no warranty". I'm going to (hopefully)
> > add a second stream later in the day and I'll send out an update when
> that
> > happens. If you've got questions/comments - email me directly or message
> me
> > on irc.freenode.net/#wikimedia (Username is in my signature)
> >
> > Thanks-
> > -Jon
> > [1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Data_summit_2011
> > [2] http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
> >
> > --
> > Jon
> > [[User:ShakataGaNai]] / KJ6FNQ
> > http://snowulf.com/
> > http://ipv6wiki.net/

> * I use this address for lists; send personal messages to phoebe.ayers
> <at> gmail.com *

Jon
[[User:ShakataGaNai]] / KJ6FNQ
http://snowulf.com/
http://ipv6wiki.net/

wiki at konsoletek

Feb 4, 2011, 1:31 PM

Re: Data Summit Streaming [In reply to]

Stream #2 is online. Same rules as the first.

--
Jon
[[User:ShakataGaNai]] / KJ6FNQ