Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

phoebe.wiki at gmail

Feb 4, 2011, 9:36 AM

Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures [In reply to]

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 9:34 AM, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 7:09 PM, MZMcBride <z [at] mzmcbride> wrote:
>> Steven Walling wrote:
>>> These changes were going to be discussed and documented in public...
>> [...]
>>> Speaking as an OTRS volunteer not as a staff member (this initiative isn't
>>> part of my job)...
>>
>> I don't follow. How do you know that these changes were going to be
>> discussed and documented in public? These changes have been discussed for at
>> least some portion of January without any community involvement. When,
>> exactly, was the community going be made aware that these changes were being
>> discussed? When was the community going to be made aware that these changes
>> had been implemented? An announcement has already been made. When was the
>> Community Department going to involve the community (at least to give it a
>> courtesy heads-up)?
>
> I will note, as a member of both of these lists, that you did not
> actually ask these questions - at least not publicly, that I could
> find - before sending a note to foundation-l. Probably doing so would
> have been helpful :)
>
> It seems to me that a good-faith interpretation is that not announcing
> changes right this second was the right thing to do -- since there was
> so much controversy among OTRS agents the staff may choose to change
> or modify the original plan, in which case it's not clear to me what
> would be announced. The original announcement did affect only a
> limited number of volunteers, and there was no implication that it
> would be extended to admins, etc. Of course, broader discussion of the
> issue of identification and access to non-private data (and who should
> have it) in general is great, and if people have thoughts they should
> weigh in.

er, private data :) Of course if you want to discuss non-private data
too, go for it!

phoebe

Subject User Time
Changes to the identification policies and procedures z at mzmcbride Feb 3, 2011, 5:20 PM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures nawrich at gmail Feb 3, 2011, 5:27 PM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures z at mzmcbride Feb 3, 2011, 5:43 PM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures steven.walling at gmail Feb 3, 2011, 6:08 PM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures z at mzmcbride Feb 3, 2011, 7:09 PM
        Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures steven.walling at gmail Feb 3, 2011, 7:27 PM
        Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures phoebe.wiki at gmail Feb 4, 2011, 9:34 AM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures pdsanchez at gmail Feb 3, 2011, 7:30 PM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures risker.wp at gmail Feb 3, 2011, 7:39 PM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures steven.walling at gmail Feb 3, 2011, 8:03 PM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures cmoellenberndt at wikimedia Feb 3, 2011, 8:57 PM
        Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures pdsanchez at gmail Feb 3, 2011, 9:20 PM
        Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures z at mzmcbride Feb 4, 2011, 8:16 AM
            Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures zexley at wikimedia Feb 4, 2011, 8:40 AM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures de10011 at gmail Feb 4, 2011, 12:45 AM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures phoebe.wiki at gmail Feb 4, 2011, 9:36 AM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures nawrich at gmail Feb 4, 2011, 9:56 AM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures z at mzmcbride Feb 4, 2011, 9:59 AM
        Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures winters1c at gmail Feb 4, 2011, 10:17 AM
        Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures phoebe.wiki at gmail Feb 4, 2011, 10:29 AM
        Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures keegan.wiki at gmail Feb 4, 2011, 12:07 PM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures aaron.adrignola at gmail Feb 4, 2011, 10:26 AM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures birgitte_sb at yahoo Feb 4, 2011, 11:19 AM
        Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures whothith at gmail Feb 4, 2011, 12:15 PM
        Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures wikipedia at frontier Feb 4, 2011, 12:15 PM
            Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures steven.walling at gmail Feb 4, 2011, 12:50 PM
        Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures adhair at gmail Feb 4, 2011, 1:47 PM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures whothith at gmail Feb 4, 2011, 1:40 PM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures phoebe.wiki at gmail Feb 4, 2011, 1:44 PM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures z at mzmcbride Feb 4, 2011, 3:02 PM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures birgitte_sb at yahoo Feb 4, 2011, 3:22 PM
        Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures steven.walling at gmail Feb 4, 2011, 3:53 PM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures teofilowiki at gmail Feb 9, 2011, 10:39 AM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures strainu10 at gmail Feb 9, 2011, 11:33 AM
    Re: Changes to the identification policies and procedures dgerard at gmail Feb 9, 2011, 11:38 AM