Reminder: Scholarship applications for Wikimania 2011 to end on January 31st

harel.cain at gmail

Jan 22, 2011, 11:54 PM

Reminder: Scholarship applications for Wikimania 2011 to end on January 31st

Hi all,

This is just a reminder that the main scholarship application process for
Wikimania 2011 will end on January 31st at 23:59 UTC.
Applications received after that time will be discarded [see note].

If you or any of your friends were planning to apply for a scholarship but
haven't done so yet, I would advise you to do so now, before it's too late.
Even though we already received many hundreds of applications, we will be
sorry to see anyone left out just because he or she missed the application
deadline.

All information about scholarships and how to apply for them is at
http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Scholarships.

Note:
Wikimedia Austria and Wikimedia Switzerland have announced separate
scholarship programs for people in their respective countries.
Applications for those will be made through the same website and will remain
open till February 28th, 2011.
Other chapters might follow suit soon, so stay alert for announcements from
your local chapter.

Regards,

Harel Cain
Wikimania 2011 local team

winters1c at gmail

Jan 25, 2011, 5:48 AM

Re: Reminder: Scholarship applications for Wikimania 2011 to end on January 31st [In reply to]

Hi

I would really want to attend. how many scholarships will there be, I have
freinds who want to attend too.

Thank you

--
Bartol Flint
Student

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Harel Cain <harel.cain [at] gmail> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> This is just a reminder that the main scholarship application process for
> Wikimania 2011 will end on January 31st at 23:59 UTC.
> Applications received after that time will be discarded [see note].
>
> If you or any of your friends were planning to apply for a scholarship but
> haven't done so yet, I would advise you to do so now, before it's too late.
> Even though we already received many hundreds of applications, we will be
> sorry to see anyone left out just because he or she missed the application
> deadline.
>
> All information about scholarships and how to apply for them is at
> http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Scholarships.
>

> Note:
> Wikimedia Austria and Wikimedia Switzerland have announced separate
> scholarship programs for people in their respective countries.
> Applications for those will be made through the same website and will
> remain
> open till February 28th, 2011.
> Other chapters might follow suit soon, so stay alert for announcements from
> your local chapter.
>

> Regards,
>
> Harel Cain
> Wikimania 2011 local team

harel.cain at gmail

Jan 25, 2011, 12:31 PM

Re: Reminder: Scholarship applications for Wikimania 2011 to end on January 31st [In reply to]

The exact number is to be decided by the Foundation based on flight costs,
the geographies of the best candidates etc, but I believe we can talk at
least about 50+ full scholarships and 75+ partial scholarships, and that
should be a careful estimate.
I'm not on the Foundation staff so this is just my personal statement.

I encourage you and your friends to apply.

Harel Cain
Wikimania 2011 local team

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Bartol Flint <winters1c [at] gmail> wrote:

> Hi
>

> I would really want to attend. how many scholarships will there be, I have
> freinds who want to attend too.
>

> Thank you
>

> --
> Bartol Flint
> Student
> Erasmus University Rotterdam
>

> On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Harel Cain <harel.cain [at] gmail> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >

> > This is just a reminder that the main scholarship application process for
> > Wikimania 2011 will end on January 31st at 23:59 UTC.
> > Applications received after that time will be discarded [see note].
> >
> > If you or any of your friends were planning to apply for a scholarship
> but
> > haven't done so yet, I would advise you to do so now, before it's too
> late.
> > Even though we already received many hundreds of applications, we will be
> > sorry to see anyone left out just because he or she missed the
> application
> > deadline.
> >
> > All information about scholarships and how to apply for them is at
> > http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Scholarships.
> >

> > Note:
> > Wikimedia Austria and Wikimedia Switzerland have announced separate
> > scholarship programs for people in their respective countries.
> > Applications for those will be made through the same website and will
> > remain
> > open till February 28th, 2011.
> > Other chapters might follow suit soon, so stay alert for announcements
> from
> > your local chapter.
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Harel Cain
> > Wikimania 2011 local team

jwild at wikimedia

Jan 28, 2011, 8:27 AM

Re: Reminder: Scholarship applications for Wikimania 2011 to end on January 31st [In reply to]

To verify from the Foundation: these numbers are approximately correct
but indeed careful; we are hoping to have ~75 full scholarships.

On 1/25/2011 12:31 PM, Harel Cain wrote:
> The exact number is to be decided by the Foundation based on flight costs,
> the geographies of the best candidates etc, but I believe we can talk at
> least about 50+ full scholarships and 75+ partial scholarships, and that
> should be a careful estimate.
> I'm not on the Foundation staff so this is just my personal statement.
>
> I encourage you and your friends to apply.

--
Jessie Wild
Special Projects Manager

jwild at wikimedia

Jan 28, 2011, 10:23 AM

Re: Reminder: Scholarship applications for Wikimania 2011 to end on January 31st [In reply to]