Wikimania 2011 Registration Now Open

asaf.bartov at gmail

Dec 31, 2010, 5:26 PM

Wikimania 2011 Registration Now Open

Hello, everyone.

We are pleased to announce that the registration period and the scholarship
application period for Wikimania 2011, which will be held in Haifa, Israel,
on August 4th to 7th, 2011, have *just begun!*

== Registration ==
Those who register early will enjoy considerable discounts in both
registration and accommodation fees, so be sure to register as early as
possible.

* Full information about registration, including fees and registration
periods: http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Registration
* Our registration website: http://wmreg.wikimedia.org.il/

== Scholarship application ==
If you require a scholarship to attend Wikimania 2011, you can apply for one
until the end of January 2011. This year, there will be partial scholarships
to cover travel costs up to USD 300, in addition to full scholarships.

* Full information about scholarships:
http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Scholarships
* Our scholarship application website: http://wmschols.wikimedia.org.il/

== Call for Papers ==
The Call for Papers for the conference has been available for a while now.
You are welcome to submit workshop, seminar, tutorial, panel, and
presentation proposals.

* The Call for Papers:
http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Call_for_Papers

== Translators required ==
You are welcome to help translate as much of our conference wiki into as
many languages as possible, using the regular {{Other languages}} and
{{Translation}} templates.

If you are interested in translating the registration website into
additional languages, please contact us at wikimania
-registration [at] wikimedia

== Got any questions? ==
You can contact us in any of the ways listed on
http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Contact.

If you have questions that might interest others, please post them on
http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania:Information_Desk.

Please bear with us if the registration or scholarship application websites
are momentarily unavailable due to maintenance.

Wishing you all a happy 2011 and looking forward to hosting you in Haifa,

Asaf Bartov
on behalf of the entire Wikimania 2011 local team

--
Asaf Bartov <asaf.bartov [at] gmail>

notafishz at gmail

Jan 1, 2011, 3:26 AM

Re: Wikimania 2011 Registration Now Open [In reply to]

I just want to send here, along with best new year wishes, an enormous
thanks to the Haifa team. I believe they have beaten all previous
Wikimanias in opening the registration website so early.

Hat down.

Cheers,

Delphine

Jan 2, 2011, 7:57 AM

Re: Wikimania 2011 Registration Now Open [In reply to]

We thank everyone who congratulated us on opening the reg. site, on and off
the list. All the credit goes to Harel Cain, a board member in WMIL and
hewp Bureaucrat, who undertook to integrate, document, and improve the
existing registration system. The new code will of course be made available
to the next Wikimania organizers.

We urge everyone to take advantage of the "early bird" discount, and to
register by end of March.

Cheers,

Asaf Bartov, on behalf of the Wikimania 2011 team.

zvandijk at googlemail

Jan 2, 2011, 8:30 AM

Re: Wikimania 2011 Registration Now Open [In reply to]

Hello,
The Wikimania site shows that there has been already a lot of work,
and I can imagine the many little things that had to be dealt with.
Remembering the Amsterdam bid, my congratulation for that.
Kind regards
Ziko van Dijk

The Netherlands
http://zikoblog.wordpress.com/