Re: Donation banner and strongly negative reactions

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

cbrown1023.ml at gmail

Nov 7, 2008, 12:55 PM

Re: Donation banner and strongly negative reactions [In reply to]

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Nathan <nawrich [at] gmail> wrote:
> I don't know if other projects have had similar reactions, but I do know
> that some projects have disabled the banner.

No, if they had disabled the banner for everyone, they would have been
reverted. It's not the local administrators' decision to hide the
site notice for everyone, including anonymous users. :-)

> It was for a time not available on the Spanish Wikipedia,

because we enabled it only on certain wikis at the beginning.

> and remains unavailable (last I checked) at the
> Russian Wikibooks.

because we haven't enabled it on the sister projects yet.

> A quick survey of interwiki links on the en.wp Barack
> Obama page suggests that most or all Wikipedia projects are displaying the
> banner now.

Yes, now all Wikipedia projects have the banner -- whether or not we
have translations of the text. If you know of a wiki that does not
have a translated site notice and would like to translate one, please
send them in my direction. :-)

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023