[Announcement] New CFOO: Veronique Kessler

sgardner at wikimedia

Jan 29, 2008, 4:35 PM

[Announcement] New CFOO: Veronique Kessler

Hi folks,

I’m delighted to announce that Veronique Kessler will be the Wikimedia
Foundation’s new Chief Financial and Operating Officer (CFOO). Veronique
will start with us February 4.

Veronique has 15 years of very strong managerial and financial
experience working with a wide range of organizations. She joins us from
the non-profit Jewish Community Center of San Francisco, where she was
Director of Finance and, before that, Controller. Prior to JCCSF, she
did financial consulting for clients such as Stanford University,
brokerage firm Charles Schwab, and the venture capital and investment
firm Berkeley International Capital Corporation. And before that, she
was Controller for the Walden International Investment Group, financial
reporting manager for the private investment company The Fremont Group,
a senior accountant with the Wells Fargo bank, and a senior auditor with
Deloitte & Touche, one of the world’s “big four” audit firms.

Veronique is a CPA (certified public accountant), with a B.A. in
Economics from the University of California at Santa Cruz. She has a
strong and varied international background including work with Hong
Kong, China, Indonesia, Taiwan and Singapore, and she speaks fluent French.

The role of the Wikimedia Foundation’s CFOO is to oversee our financial
and operational activities. In general, Veronique will ensure that the
Foundation operates smoothly, effectively, and in compliance with 501(c)
standards and generally-accepted accounting principles.

She will report to me. The heads of business development (Kul Wadhwa)
and fundraising (hiring in progress) will report to her, as will our
office manager (Erica Ortega), my assistant (Cheryl Owens, formerly
Steffen), and our accountant (currently Oleta McHenry, in St. Petersburg).

The Chief Financial and Operating Officer is a critical position for the
Wikimedia Foundation, and I am thrilled we have found such a
highly-qualified person to handle this important role. Veronique's
delighted to be joining us – she’s excited by the importance and global
impact of our work, and is looking forward to being part of the
open-source and free culture movement.

Please join me in welcoming her to the staff of the Wikimedia Foundation.

Thanks,
Sue

Sue Gardner
Executive Director
Wikimedia Foundation

cbrown1023.ml at gmail

Jan 29, 2008, 4:46 PM

Re: [Announcement] New CFOO: Veronique Kessler [In reply to]

Impressive resume Veronique. ;-) Welcome aboard!

On Jan 29, 2008 7:35 PM, Sue Gardner <sgardner [at] wikimedia> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm delighted to announce that Veronique Kessler will be the Wikimedia
> Foundation's new Chief Financial and Operating Officer (CFOO). Veronique
> will start with us February 4.
>
> Veronique has 15 years of very strong managerial and financial
> experience working with a wide range of organizations. She joins us from
> the non-profit Jewish Community Center of San Francisco, where she was
> Director of Finance and, before that, Controller. Prior to JCCSF, she
> did financial consulting for clients such as Stanford University,
> brokerage firm Charles Schwab, and the venture capital and investment
> firm Berkeley International Capital Corporation. And before that, she
> was Controller for the Walden International Investment Group, financial
> reporting manager for the private investment company The Fremont Group,
> a senior accountant with the Wells Fargo bank, and a senior auditor with
> Deloitte & Touche, one of the world's "big four" audit firms.
>
> Veronique is a CPA (certified public accountant), with a B.A. in
> Economics from the University of California at Santa Cruz. She has a
> strong and varied international background including work with Hong
> Kong, China, Indonesia, Taiwan and Singapore, and she speaks fluent French.
>
> The role of the Wikimedia Foundation's CFOO is to oversee our financial
> and operational activities. In general, Veronique will ensure that the
> Foundation operates smoothly, effectively, and in compliance with 501(c)
> standards and generally-accepted accounting principles.
>
> She will report to me. The heads of business development (Kul Wadhwa)
> and fundraising (hiring in progress) will report to her, as will our
> office manager (Erica Ortega), my assistant (Cheryl Owens, formerly
> Steffen), and our accountant (currently Oleta McHenry, in St. Petersburg).
>
> The Chief Financial and Operating Officer is a critical position for the
> Wikimedia Foundation, and I am thrilled we have found such a
> highly-qualified person to handle this important role. Veronique's
> delighted to be joining us – she's excited by the importance and global
> impact of our work, and is looking forward to being part of the
> open-source and free culture movement.
>
> Please join me in welcoming her to the staff of the Wikimedia Foundation.
>
> Thanks,
> Sue
>

> Sue Gardner
> Executive Director
> Wikimedia Foundation

Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---
this address will probably get lost.

george.herbert at gmail

Jan 29, 2008, 4:51 PM

Re: [Announcement] New CFOO: Veronique Kessler [In reply to]

On Jan 29, 2008 4:35 PM, Sue Gardner <sgardner [at] wikimedia> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm delighted to announce that Veronique Kessler will be the Wikimedia
> Foundation's new Chief Financial and Operating Officer (CFOO). Veronique
> will start with us February 4.
>
> Veronique has 15 years of very strong managerial and financial
> experience working with a wide range of organizations. She joins us from
> the non-profit Jewish Community Center of San Francisco, where she was
> Director of Finance and, before that, Controller. Prior to JCCSF, she
> did financial consulting for clients such as Stanford University,
> brokerage firm Charles Schwab, and the venture capital and investment
> firm Berkeley International Capital Corporation. And before that, she
> was Controller for the Walden International Investment Group, financial
> reporting manager for the private investment company The Fremont Group,
> a senior accountant with the Wells Fargo bank, and a senior auditor with
> Deloitte & Touche, one of the world's "big four" audit firms.
>
> Veronique is a CPA (certified public accountant), with a B.A. in
> Economics from the University of California at Santa Cruz. She has a
> strong and varied international background including work with Hong
> Kong, China, Indonesia, Taiwan and Singapore, and she speaks fluent French.
>
> The role of the Wikimedia Foundation's CFOO is to oversee our financial
> and operational activities. In general, Veronique will ensure that the
> Foundation operates smoothly, effectively, and in compliance with 501(c)
> standards and generally-accepted accounting principles.
>
> She will report to me. The heads of business development (Kul Wadhwa)
> and fundraising (hiring in progress) will report to her, as will our
> office manager (Erica Ortega), my assistant (Cheryl Owens, formerly
> Steffen), and our accountant (currently Oleta McHenry, in St. Petersburg).
>
> The Chief Financial and Operating Officer is a critical position for the
> Wikimedia Foundation, and I am thrilled we have found such a
> highly-qualified person to handle this important role. Veronique's
> delighted to be joining us – she's excited by the importance and global
> impact of our work, and is looking forward to being part of the
> open-source and free culture movement.
>
> Please join me in welcoming her to the staff of the Wikimedia Foundation.
>
> Thanks,
> Sue
>

> Sue Gardner
> Executive Director
> Wikimedia Foundation

Great news. Hopefully this, and the long-awaited release of the
financial statement, will put a lot of people's minds at ease on the
Foundations' finances.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert [at] gmail

mduce at mts

Jan 29, 2008, 6:32 PM

Re: [Announcement] New CFOO: Veronique Kessler [In reply to]

Welcome Veronique!

Mitch D. (Greeves on all English Wikimedia projects)