Mailing List Archive: VNC: list

Build errors on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x64 Linux (and probably others as well)

VNC list RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

mikael at lyngvig

Build errors on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x64 Linux (and probably others as well)

Hi,

Just thought I'd let you know that I had to add three times "#include
<stdlib.h>" to the RealVNC 4.1.3 Unix sources downloaded from RealVNC.com.
I don't recall the names of the files, but the problem should be trivial
to reproduce as all it takes is to try to build RealVNC Free Edition on
Ubuntu Linux. Two times, there was missing a prototype for malloc() and
once a prototype for atoi(). How you've managed to build these C++ sources
with other compilers is beyond my knowledge and understanding.

Sincerely,
Mikael Lyngvig

mbmiller+l at gmail

Re: Build errors on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x64 Linux (and probably others as well) [In reply to]

On Mon, 21 May 2012, Mikael Lyngvig wrote:

> Just thought I'd let you know that I had to add three times "#include
> <stdlib.h>" to the RealVNC 4.1.3 Unix sources downloaded from
> RealVNC.com. I don't recall the names of the files, but the problem
> should be trivial to reproduce as all it takes is to try to build
> RealVNC Free Edition on Ubuntu Linux. Two times, there was missing a
> prototype for malloc() and once a prototype for atoi(). How you've
> managed to build these C++ sources with other compilers is beyond my
> knowledge and understanding.

I just use Ubuntu repository packages and avoid compiling. I'm almost
always happier because it is so fast and easy to use the packages that I
don't want to do the extra work to get some small tweak.

Mike