Mailing List Archive: VNC: list

how to VNC into my MacBook such that my usage is not displayed locally on the MacBook?

VNC list RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

greg.hauptmann.ruby at gmail

Feb 2, 2012, 2:32 PM

how to VNC into my MacBook such that my usage is not displayed locally on the MacBook?

Background: I'm currently have the server running on my MacBook Pro
and can VNC in remotely from a PC. When I do this I effectively log
is as the user who is physically using my Macbook such that people can
see me working on the Macbook.

QUESTION: Is there a way to VNC onto my MacBook such that when I am
using it remotely, the local physical screen of my MacBook does not
show my actions? i.e. either it remains in screen saver mode or
something like this... I guess I would still like to be logged into
the Macbook as "myself" so to speak remotely...

Details:
* VNC® Enterprise Edition
* Server is on: MacBook Pro
* VNC from PC