Mailing List Archive: VNC: list

Run VNC Viewer without password

VNC list RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ajay050 at gmail

Mar 1, 2011, 1:39 AM

Run VNC Viewer without password

Hi,

My VNC Server is running on a remote Linux machine and it has a
password. I run VNC Viewer on Windows but I do not want to enter
password every time. I just want it to read the password from some
file. That said, I do not want to start the server in a No
Authentication mode.

Can somebody give me a clue?

Regards,
Ajay.

John_Serink at Trimble

Mar 1, 2011, 2:46 AM

Re: Run VNC Viewer without password [In reply to]

Tight vnc allows you to save shortcuts in windows that contain the password. The linux viewer cannot do that.

My VNC Server is running on a remote Linux machine and it has a
password. I run VNC Viewer on Windows but I do not want to enter
password every time. I just want it to read the password from some
file. That said, I do not want to start the server in a No
Authentication mode.

Can somebody give me a clue?

Regards,
Ajay.

cbeerse at gmail

Mar 2, 2011, 10:55 AM

Re: Run VNC Viewer without password [In reply to]

On 1-3-2011 10:39, Ajay Jain wrote:
> My VNC Server is running on a remote Linux machine and it has a
> password. I run VNC Viewer on Windows but I do not want to enter
> password every time. I just want it to read the password from some
> file. That said, I do not want to start the server in a No
> Authentication mode.
>
> Can somebody give me a clue?

If security is no issue (both machines on local network and such) then
you can remove the password from the vnc-server, just leave the field
empty and presto.

If some access control is needed, you can save the session information
from the <F8> menu (or the menu in the top bar of the viewer). There you
can save session information. While doing so, it asks to include the
password, do so. Be sure to use ".vnc" as extention and you can click
this file to access the remote machine without any password question.

CBee