Mailing List Archive: VNC: list

cannot kill Xvnc process manually, won't open .pid HELP

VNC list RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

kebecerr at artsci

Jan 8, 2008, 8:52 AM

cannot kill Xvnc process manually, won't open .pid HELP

I am running vnc on a Mac.
When I try to kill my Xvnc process it gives me this message:

Can't find file /home/(...) .vnc/iac3:9.pid
You'll have to kill the Xvnc process manually

I tried different postings' suggestions, but the message continues to be
that the .pid cannot be opened, and now I feel totally confused...

help anyone?

jnw at realvnc

Jan 11, 2008, 4:31 AM

RE: cannot kill Xvnc process manually, won't open .pid HELP [In reply to]

Karla,

The message in question normally indicates that there is no .pid file for
the desktop you're telling "vncserver" to kill - this might mean that the
desktop you're trying to kill is already gone, or is owned by a different
user, for example.

--
Wez @ RealVNC Ltd