Mailing List Archive: Varnish: Misc

Remove cookie on some pages only

martin.heigermoser at googlemail

Remove cookie on some pages only

Hello,

im pretty new to varnish so forgive me if this is handled in the
documentation. Could not find any info though.
I need to remove a cookie on some pages while passing it on the other pages.
This Cookie is changing some Information on the backend application but
is not user specific ( think of regions ) and should be cached if possible.
Im not quite sure if this is possible at all, so any hints would be
appreciated.

i thought of sending out a HTTP Header on all pages that need the cookie
and remove it on all other pages.
>From my understanding the correct place to remove a Cookie would be
vcl_recv, while the place to read a Header from the backend would be
vcl_fetch

Is this correct or am i wrong already?
I'm using the bundled varnish 2.1.5 on ubuntu if that makes any difference.

Are there any ways to do this?

Thanks,

Martin