Mailing List Archive: Varnish: Misc

Moving from 2.1.5 -> 3.0.2

johnson at nmr

Moving from 2.1.5 -> 3.0.2

Hi.

Still running 2.1.5 in production. Have a new server we set up
and want to update to 3.0.2. Last time I looked at this I recall
there were some VCL changes in between. We have made a couple of
configuration tweaks in the VCL init file. I have a vague
recollection of there being some variable changes and few other
things.

Is there any quick list of the VCL changes? I see the language
wiki. I need to know specifically what needs changing to what.

BTW, new system is CentOS 6.2.

http://help.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/ http://faq.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/
Chris Johnson |Internet: johnson [at] nmr
Systems Administrator |Web: http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center |Voice: 617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital |FAX: 617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street |Life stinks. If you're very lucky, sometimes
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |it stinks a little less. Me

dispose of the e-mail.

kokoniimasu at gmail

Re: Moving from 2.1.5 -> 3.0.2 [In reply to]

Hi Chris.

Refer to this url.
https://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/trunk/installation/upgrade.html

Hope this helps,
--
Syohei Tanaka(@xcir)
http://xcir.net/

(:3[__])

2012年4月3日1:20 Chris Johnson <johnson [at] nmr>:
> Hi.
>
> Still running 2.1.5 in production. Have a new server we set up
> and want to update to 3.0.2. Last time I looked at this I recall
> there were some VCL changes in between. We have made a couple of
> configuration tweaks in the VCL init file. I have a vague
> recollection of there being some variable changes and few other
> things.
>
> Is there any quick list of the VCL changes? I see the language
> wiki. I need to know specifically what needs changing to what.
>
> BTW, new system is CentOS 6.2.

> http://help.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/ http://faq.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/
> Chris Johnson |Internet: johnson [at] nmr
> Systems Administrator |Web:
> http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
> NMR Center |Voice: 617.726.0949
> Mass. General Hospital |FAX: 617.726.7422
> 149 (2301) 13th Street |Life stinks. If you're very lucky, sometimes
> Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |it stinks a little less. Me

> e-mail
> HelpLine at
> error
> properly
> dispose of the e-mail.

roberto.fernandezcrisial at gmail

Re: Moving from 2.1.5 -> 3.0.2 [In reply to]

Hi Chris,

I recommend to take a look at
https://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/browser/doc/changes.rst, in particular
to "Changes from 2.1.5 to 3.0 beta 1" (#VCL)

Regards,
Roberto (a.k.a. @rofc)