Mailing List Archive: Varnish: Misc

Newbie: How do I install Varnish?

kunmi at shebafoods

Mar 23, 2012, 4:48 PM

Newbie: How do I install Varnish?

Hello everyone,

Can someone please share answers to my questions:

1. I am using regular linux and downloaded Varnish Cache 3.0.2
varnish-3.0.2.tar

where do I put the files?

2. I read here
https://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/3.0/installation/install.html#source-or-p
ackages to run commands, but don't know where am to be to run the backups.

- should I be in one of the folders in the tar file above to run the
commands?

3. What messages should I see to confirm that Varnish is properly
installed?

4. Please share any other pertinent information.

If you are in the U.S. and can call to walk me through the steps. Please
call me on 770.982.1000.

Thanks for your attention.

Kunmi