Mailing List Archive: Varnish: Misc
Using varnish to increase the cache time of slow pages

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

TFigueiro at au

Mar 9, 2012, 2:33 PM

Using varnish to increase the cache time of slow pages

I wrote a blog post describing quick-win modification I made to our Varnish configuration last week. It lets us keep the default page cache-time low so content is fresh but specifically increases the TTL for pages which are slow to generate.

The code is for Varnish 2.1.5 but I'm sure it can be easily adapted to 3.x so I thought I'd share it with the list.

http://microrants.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/using-varnish-to-increase-cache-time-of.html

Cheers.
Thiago.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This electronic mail message, including any and/or all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s), and may contain confidential and/or privileged information, pertaining to business conducted under the direction and supervision of the sending organization. All electronic mail messages, which may have been established as expressed views and/or opinions (stated either within the electronic mail message or any of its attachments), are left to the sole responsibility of that of the sender, and are not necessarily attributed to the sending organization. Unauthorized interception, review, use, disclosure or distribution of any such information contained within this electronic mail message and/or its attachment(s), is (are) strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by replying to this electronic mail message, along with the destruction all copies of the original electronic mail message (along with any attachments).