Mailing List Archive: Varnish: Misc

how to set how long varnish will cache

jewel.nuruddin at eastbeam

Feb 15, 2012, 1:35 AM

how to set how long varnish will cache

Hello,

Sorry for the basic question!
How can I set that my object will be cached for 5 minutes in varnish?

Thanks
Jewel

bjorn at ruberg

Feb 15, 2012, 2:04 AM

Re: how to set how long varnish will cache [In reply to]

On 15. feb. 2012 10:35, Jewel Nuruddin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for the basic question!
> How can I set that my object will be cached for 5 minutes in varnish?

The Varnish documentation is quite nice, and since you are asking a lot
of basic questions I recommend that you spend some time with it.

The answer to your question can be found here (as well as elsewhere in
the docs):
* https://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/3.0/tutorial/vcl.html
*
https://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/3.0/tutorial/increasing_your_hitrate.html