Mailing List Archive: Varnish: Misc
Re: Possible bug: Missing X-Forwarded-For and X-Varnish headers (Varnish 2.1.5 64bit Linux)

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

jhalfmoon at milksnot

Dec 14, 2011, 3:16 AM

Re: Possible bug: Missing X-Forwarded-For and X-Varnish headers (Varnish 2.1.5 64bit Linux) [In reply to]

On 12/14/2011 10:49 AM, Andreas Plesner Jacobsen wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 10:39:51AM +0100, Johnny Halfmoon wrote:
>>> Typically this happens when people are piping requests and forget to set a
>>> Connection: close. So then the TCP socket stays open and the browsers keeps
>>> on talking to the backend. Is this what is going on with you?
>>>
>> Unfortunately, no. Pipe connections are correctly configured to close by this
>> config :
> varnishlog and corresponding pcap dumps would be very helpful.

In my initial post there's already a real-life example snapshot from a single TCP session between the Varnish server and a backend, illustrating the issue. As for a Varnishlog; the backend requests are not logged, so those do not show up in the log. I'll prepare an integrated backend/frontend varnishlog, to post here, where at least the frontend requests and responses will be visible. And I'll see if I can post the tcpdump corresponding to that varnishlog too. The dumps are huge, even on short time spans, so they tend to take a while to be processed.