Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Varnish: Misc

Varnish drops connections and make several HTTP 206

 

 

Varnish misc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


listas at kurtkraut

Oct 6, 2011, 2:59 PM

Post #1 of 16 (2154 views)
Permalink
Varnish drops connections and make several HTTP 206

Hi,


I've already reported this on Varnish 3.0 and I waited to test it on Varnish
3.0.1 and the behaviour is the same. The majority of HTTP GET of files
larger than 1mb are constantly interrupted and restarted with HTTP 206. Here
is a sample collected from varnishncsa:

177.26.0.252 - - [06/Oct/2011:18:40:50 -0300] "GET
http://video.kurtkraut.net/static/user/16/16855/0ae200b1a77438c17b1624d3987dc782.mp4HTTP/1.1"
206 2 "-" "AppleCoreMedia/1.0.0.8H7 (iPhone; U; CPU OS 4_3_2 like
Mac OS X; pt_br)"
177.26.0.252 - - [06/Oct/2011:18:40:50 -0300] "GET
http://video.kurtkraut.net/static/user/16/16855/0ae200b1a77438c17b1624d3987dc782.mp4HTTP/1.1"
206 2 "-" "AppleCoreMedia/1.0.0.8H7 (iPhone; U; CPU OS 4_3_2 like
Mac OS X; pt_br)"
177.26.0.252 - - [06/Oct/2011:18:40:50 -0300] "GET
http://video.kurtkraut.net/static/user/16/16855/0ae200b1a77438c17b1624d3987dc782.mp4HTTP/1.1"
206 2 "-" "AppleCoreMedia/1.0.0.8H7 (iPhone; U; CPU OS 4_3_2 like
Mac OS X; pt_br)"
177.26.0.252 - - [06/Oct/2011:18:40:50 -0300] "GET
http://video.kurtkraut.net/static/user/16/16855/0ae200b1a77438c17b1624d3987dc782.mp4HTTP/1.1"
206 - "-" "AppleCoreMedia/1.0.0.8H7 (iPhone; U; CPU OS 4_3_2 like
Mac OS X; pt_br)"

And this goes on for the next 14 lines, until all data was transfered. Full
log except in http://pastebin.com/7r6gQsia

This was an iPhone watching a MP4 video, but this also happens with curl,
wget, Firefox, anything I've tested. If I point the FQDN straight to the
backend it doesn't happen. Also, different backends (Apache, nginx were
tested) the result is the same. I have three varnish 3.0.1 servers on
different servers, on different datacenters, with different CentOS installs
and they all behave the same.

I belive this is a bug, so my question is:

1) Is it a known issue?
2) If not, what further details would be helpful to make a bug report?
3) Does anyone suggest a workaround for this?


Thanks in advance,

Kurt Kraut


mit at stagename

Oct 6, 2011, 5:35 PM

Post #2 of 16 (2112 views)
Permalink
Re: Varnish drops connections and make several HTTP 206 [In reply to]

There is a _possibility_ that this is legitimate traffic and not a varnish
issue.

"206" responses happen in requests for video content when a client (like a
media player) specifically requests that a "chunk" be delivered by sending a
"Range:" header; the server sends a 206 status and several extra header
fields in its response to acknowledge its ability to recognize the request,
ability and willingness to send just a piece of the file rather than the
whole file, and to indicate that the content it is giving represents only a
partial piece of the file requested.

For example, a media player is playing a video that exists at a URL and the
user fast-forwards to a certain point on the timeline, the player can stop
the current play, requests a chunk it calculates is at that position in the
timeline, and resume from that point forward. It could also theoretically
use the same mechanism to populate it's internal cache.

There are references here:
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html (search for "206
Partial Content"), here (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Http_status_codes#2xx_Success) and here:
http://labs.apache.org/webarch/http/draft-fielding-http/p5-range.html#status.206

Hope this helps,
-Mit



On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Kurt Kraut <listas [at] kurtkraut> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>
> I've already reported this on Varnish 3.0 and I waited to test it on
> Varnish 3.0.1 and the behaviour is the same. The majority of HTTP GET of
> files larger than 1mb are constantly interrupted and restarted with HTTP
> 206. Here is a sample collected from varnishncsa:
>
> 177.26.0.252 - - [06/Oct/2011:18:40:50 -0300] "GET
> http://video.kurtkraut.net/static/user/16/16855/0ae200b1a77438c17b1624d3987dc782.mp4HTTP/1.1" 206 2 "-" "AppleCoreMedia/1.0.0.8H7 (iPhone; U; CPU OS 4_3_2 like
> Mac OS X; pt_br)"
> 177.26.0.252 - - [06/Oct/2011:18:40:50 -0300] "GET
> http://video.kurtkraut.net/static/user/16/16855/0ae200b1a77438c17b1624d3987dc782.mp4HTTP/1.1" 206 2 "-" "AppleCoreMedia/1.0.0.8H7 (iPhone; U; CPU OS 4_3_2 like
> Mac OS X; pt_br)"
> 177.26.0.252 - - [06/Oct/2011:18:40:50 -0300] "GET
> http://video.kurtkraut.net/static/user/16/16855/0ae200b1a77438c17b1624d3987dc782.mp4HTTP/1.1" 206 2 "-" "AppleCoreMedia/1.0.0.8H7 (iPhone; U; CPU OS 4_3_2 like
> Mac OS X; pt_br)"
> 177.26.0.252 - - [06/Oct/2011:18:40:50 -0300] "GET
> http://video.kurtkraut.net/static/user/16/16855/0ae200b1a77438c17b1624d3987dc782.mp4HTTP/1.1" 206 - "-" "AppleCoreMedia/1.0.0.8H7 (iPhone; U; CPU OS 4_3_2 like
> Mac OS X; pt_br)"
>
> And this goes on for the next 14 lines, until all data was transfered. Full
> log except in http://pastebin.com/7r6gQsia
>
> This was an iPhone watching a MP4 video, but this also happens with curl,
> wget, Firefox, anything I've tested. If I point the FQDN straight to the
> backend it doesn't happen. Also, different backends (Apache, nginx were
> tested) the result is the same. I have three varnish 3.0.1 servers on
> different servers, on different datacenters, with different CentOS installs
> and they all behave the same.
>
> I belive this is a bug, so my question is:
>
> 1) Is it a known issue?
> 2) If not, what further details would be helpful to make a bug report?
> 3) Does anyone suggest a workaround for this?
>
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Kurt Kraut
>
> _______________________________________________
> varnish-misc mailing list
> varnish-misc [at] varnish-cache
> https://www.varnish-cache.org/lists/mailman/listinfo/varnish-misc
>



--
Will 'Mit' Rowe
Stagename*
*1-866-326-3098
mit [at] stagename <josh [at] stagename>
www.stagename.com
Twitter: @stagename
Facebook: facebook.com/stagename


tfheen at varnish-software

Oct 6, 2011, 11:54 PM

Post #3 of 16 (2090 views)
Permalink
Re: Varnish drops connections and make several HTTP 206 [In reply to]

]] Kurt Kraut

| I've already reported this on Varnish 3.0 and I waited to test it on Varnish
| 3.0.1 and the behaviour is the same. The majority of HTTP GET of files
| larger than 1mb are constantly interrupted and restarted with HTTP 206. Here
| is a sample collected from varnishncsa:

206 is «Partial Content» which we send if we get a request with Range
headers.

| This was an iPhone watching a MP4 video, but this also happens with curl,
| wget, Firefox, anything I've tested.

Can you please provide varnishlog + command line from a run with curl
that shows the problem?


[...]

| 3) Does anyone suggest a workaround for this?

sub vcl_recv {
unset req.http.Range;
}

that'll increase the amount of bandwidth clients are consuming, though.

Cheers,
--
Tollef Fog Heen
Varnish Software
t: +47 21 98 92 64

_______________________________________________
varnish-misc mailing list
varnish-misc [at] varnish-cache
https://www.varnish-cache.org/lists/mailman/listinfo/varnish-misc


listas at kurtkraut

Oct 7, 2011, 11:17 AM

Post #4 of 16 (2114 views)
Permalink
Re: Varnish drops connections and make several HTTP 206 [In reply to]

Hi,

What I'm reporting is not true HTTP 206 requests for resuming downloads or
genuine HTTP clients requesting for these. The logs I provide below of wget
and cURL shows that Varnish is deliberately dropping connections, forcing
the HTTP client to attempt to resume the download. So the HTTP is a
consequence of a issue generated by Varnish. This started to affect me on
version 3.0 and currently in 3.0.1

Bellow is a URL containing a full output log for the command wget --verbose
http://varnish.kurtkraut.net/1GBtest.zip

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/hfYRhKq7

Also, the output of cURL: http://pastebin.com/CuMr3mbp

You may reproduce the issue trying to download
http://varnish.kurtkraut.net/1GBtest.zip - I will leave this URL online for
the next weeks.

What do you think? Is it a bug?

Thanks,


Kurt Kraut

2011/10/7 Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen [at] varnish-software>

> ]] Kurt Kraut
>
> | I've already reported this on Varnish 3.0 and I waited to test it on
> Varnish
> | 3.0.1 and the behaviour is the same. The majority of HTTP GET of files
> | larger than 1mb are constantly interrupted and restarted with HTTP 206.
> Here
> | is a sample collected from varnishncsa:
>
> 206 is «Partial Content» which we send if we get a request with Range
> headers.
>
> | This was an iPhone watching a MP4 video, but this also happens with curl,
> | wget, Firefox, anything I've tested.
>
> Can you please provide varnishlog + command line from a run with curl
> that shows the problem?
>
>
> [...]
>
> | 3) Does anyone suggest a workaround for this?
>
> sub vcl_recv {
> unset req.http.Range;
> }
>
> that'll increase the amount of bandwidth clients are consuming, though.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Tollef Fog Heen
> Varnish Software
> t: +47 21 98 92 64
>


perbu at varnish-software

Oct 7, 2011, 11:54 AM

Post #5 of 16 (2087 views)
Permalink
Re: Varnish drops connections and make several HTTP 206 [In reply to]

Hi Kurt,


On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 8:17 PM, Kurt Kraut <listas [at] kurtkraut> wrote:

> Hi,
> (..)
>
> What do you think? Is it a bug?
>

Okey. This is one of the reasons top-posting is bad. Tollef asked you for
varnishlog entry, which is the only sane input we can have in order to
actually tell you what is going on without it being total speculation.

You ignored that. Why? If you need help actually getting sane varnishlog
output please tell so.

I'm _guessing_ you are running into timeouts. But without a log entry,
that's only a guess.

--
Per Buer, CEO
Phone: +47 21 98 92 61 / Mobile: +47 958 39 117 / Skype: per.buer
*Varnish makes websites fly!*
Whitepapers <http://www.varnish-software.com/whitepapers> |
Video<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7t2Sp174eI> |
Twitter <https://twitter.com/varnishsoftware>


kacperw at gmail

Oct 7, 2011, 2:34 PM

Post #6 of 16 (2097 views)
Permalink
Re: Varnish drops connections and make several HTTP 206 [In reply to]

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Per Buer <perbu [at] varnish-software> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 8:17 PM, Kurt Kraut <listas [at] kurtkraut> wrote:
>> What do you think? Is it a bug?
>
> Okey. This is one of the reasons top-posting is bad. Tollef asked you for varnishlog entry, which is the only sane input we can have in order to actually tell you what is going on  without it being total speculation.

I also noticed similar behavior with large files with Varnish 3.0.1.
Today, when I tried to do large files.. Here's a wget run.

2011-10-07 17:18:59 (442 KB/s) - Connection closed at byte 28062437. Retrying.
2011-10-07 17:20:03 (486 KB/s) - Connection closed at byte 59268331. Retrying.
2011-10-07 17:21:07 (500 KB/s) - Connection closed at byte 90762224. Retrying.

varnishlog craps out with the following message:
11 Debug c Write error, retval = 28062720, len = 107637870,
errno = Success

Indeed, wget does do Range: requests when the connection dies, but a
different machine (OSX with curl and firefox) would end the download
thinking the file was done.

> I'm _guessing_ you are running into timeouts. But without a log entry, that's only a guess.

Could be timeouts, but I'm not sure why they would happen in this case.

Here's the pure unbridled unadulterated vlog
http://u.delta9.pl/k/drop/v-drops.vlog

oh on a side note it seems maybe the 3.0 varnishlog format isn't
compatible with the 2.x one?

--
http://comotion.delta9.pl
http://u.delta9.pl
http://kacper.doesntexist.org
Too much order is its own chaos.
Employ no technique to gain supreme enlightment.

_______________________________________________
varnish-misc mailing list
varnish-misc [at] varnish-cache
https://www.varnish-cache.org/lists/mailman/listinfo/varnish-misc


perbu at varnish-software

Oct 8, 2011, 1:23 AM

Post #7 of 16 (2075 views)
Permalink
Re: Varnish drops connections and make several HTTP 206 [In reply to]

Hi Kacper,

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Kacper Wysocki <kacperw [at] gmail> wrote:

>
> I also noticed similar behavior with large files with Varnish 3.0.1.
> Today, when I tried to do large files.. Here's a wget run.
>
> 2011-10-07 17:18:59 (442 KB/s) - Connection closed at byte 28062437.
> Retrying.
> 2011-10-07 17:20:03 (486 KB/s) - Connection closed at byte 59268331.
> Retrying.
> 2011-10-07 17:21:07 (500 KB/s) - Connection closed at byte 90762224.
> Retrying.
>


Notice that there is 60 seconds between each fetch + some time to reconnect.
60s is the default for send_timeout since 3.0. It used to be 600 seconds.


> > I'm _guessing_ you are running into timeouts. But without a log entry,
> that's only a guess.
>
> Could be timeouts, but I'm not sure why they would happen in this case.
>
> Here's the pure unbridled unadulterated vlog
> http://u.delta9.pl/k/drop/v-drops.vlog


404.

--
Per Buer, CEO
Phone: +47 21 98 92 61 / Mobile: +47 958 39 117 / Skype: per.buer
*Varnish makes websites fly!*
Whitepapers <http://www.varnish-software.com/whitepapers> |
Video<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7t2Sp174eI> |
Twitter <https://twitter.com/varnishsoftware>


listas at kurtkraut

Oct 9, 2011, 8:44 AM

Post #8 of 16 (2069 views)
Permalink
Re: Varnish drops connections and make several HTTP 206 [In reply to]

Hi,


Sorry for the lack of varnishlog. My mistake. Here goes the varnishlog, the
correspondent wget log and other stuff that might be useful:

Varnishlog: http://pastebin.com/SVZRqL2k
Wget log downloading through varnish: http://pastebin.com/uv4kp97m
Wget log downloading straight through backend:
http://pastebin.com/5usCHpE0(note that there are no interruptions)
My default.vcl file: http://pastebin.com/idiBvh6f

If you need any further details I will be glad to provide them.


Thanks in advance,


Kurt Kraut

2011/10/7 Per Buer <perbu [at] varnish-software>

> Hi Kurt,
>
>
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 8:17 PM, Kurt Kraut <listas [at] kurtkraut> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> (..)
>>
>>
>> What do you think? Is it a bug?
>>
>
> Okey. This is one of the reasons top-posting is bad. Tollef asked you for
> varnishlog entry, which is the only sane input we can have in order to
> actually tell you what is going on without it being total speculation.
>
> You ignored that. Why? If you need help actually getting sane varnishlog
> output please tell so.
>
> I'm _guessing_ you are running into timeouts. But without a log entry,
> that's only a guess.
>
> --
> Per Buer, CEO
> Phone: +47 21 98 92 61 / Mobile: +47 958 39 117 / Skype: per.buer
> *Varnish makes websites fly!*
> Whitepapers <http://www.varnish-software.com/whitepapers> | Video<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7t2Sp174eI> |
> Twitter <https://twitter.com/varnishsoftware>
>
>
>


kacperw at gmail

Oct 9, 2011, 6:01 PM

Post #9 of 16 (2086 views)
Permalink
Re: Varnish drops connections and make several HTTP 206 [In reply to]

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 4:23 AM, Per Buer <perbu [at] varnish-software> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Kacper Wysocki <kacperw [at] gmail> wrote:
>>
>> I also noticed similar behavior with large files with Varnish 3.0.1.
>> Today, when I tried to do large files.. Here's a wget run.
>>
>> 2011-10-07 17:18:59 (442 KB/s) - Connection closed at byte 28062437. Retrying.
>> 2011-10-07 17:20:03 (486 KB/s) - Connection closed at byte 59268331. Retrying.
>> 2011-10-07 17:21:07 (500 KB/s) - Connection closed at byte 90762224. Retrying.
>
>
> Notice that there is 60 seconds between each fetch + some time to reconnect. 60s is the default for send_timeout since 3.0. It used to be 600 seconds.

There were bytes in transit thoughout the session.

>> > I'm _guessing_ you are running into timeouts. But without a log entry, that's only a guess.
>>
>> Could be timeouts, but I'm not sure why they would happen in this case.
>>
>> Here's the pure unbridled unadulterated vlog
> 404.

grr. serves me right for moving it

http://u.delta9.pl/k/drop/log/v-drops.vlog

_______________________________________________
varnish-misc mailing list
varnish-misc [at] varnish-cache
https://www.varnish-cache.org/lists/mailman/listinfo/varnish-misc


kacperw at gmail

Oct 9, 2011, 7:39 PM

Post #10 of 16 (2066 views)
Permalink
Re: Varnish drops connections and make several HTTP 206 [In reply to]

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Kurt Kraut <listas [at] kurtkraut> wrote:
> Sorry for the lack of varnishlog. My mistake. Here goes the varnishlog, the correspondent wget log and other stuff that might be useful:
>
> Varnishlog: http://pastebin.com/SVZRqL2k
> Wget log downloading through varnish: http://pastebin.com/uv4kp97m
> Wget log downloading straight through backend: http://pastebin.com/5usCHpE0 (note that there are no interruptions)
> My default.vcl file: http://pastebin.com/idiBvh6f
>
> If you need any further details I will be glad to provide them.

Apart from containing error 503's from your backend going down (?)
there is this line from the requests you refer to:
13 Debug c Write error, retval = 25318280, len = 104857948,
errno = Success

looks very much like mine..

setting send_timeout lower does make this problem more frequent for me
and setting this higher makes it less frequent, but why exactly are we
hitting the send timeout here? doesnt make sense to me.

-k

_______________________________________________
varnish-misc mailing list
varnish-misc [at] varnish-cache
https://www.varnish-cache.org/lists/mailman/listinfo/varnish-misc


perbu at varnish-software

Oct 10, 2011, 1:34 AM

Post #11 of 16 (2064 views)
Permalink
Re: Varnish drops connections and make several HTTP 206 [In reply to]

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 3:01 AM, Kacper Wysocki <kacperw [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 4:23 AM, Per Buer <perbu [at] varnish-software>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Kacper Wysocki <kacperw [at] gmail>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> I also noticed similar behavior with large files with Varnish 3.0.1.
> >> Today, when I tried to do large files.. Here's a wget run.
> >>
> >> 2011-10-07 17:18:59 (442 KB/s) - Connection closed at byte 28062437.
> Retrying.
> >> 2011-10-07 17:20:03 (486 KB/s) - Connection closed at byte 59268331.
> Retrying.
> >> 2011-10-07 17:21:07 (500 KB/s) - Connection closed at byte 90762224.
> Retrying.
> >
> >
> > Notice that there is 60 seconds between each fetch + some time to
> reconnect. 60s is the default for send_timeout since 3.0. It used to be 600
> seconds.
>
> There were bytes in transit thoughout the session.
>

Yes. We don't care. :-)

No, but seriously, this is still hitting the timeout. PHK changed the
default back in February after some discussions in the user group. I think
Tollef is working on making the timeout actually not hit unless you have no
data going over the connection. Hopefully we'll expect a patch within the
week.

--
Per Buer, CEO
Phone: +47 21 98 92 61 / Mobile: +47 958 39 117 / Skype: per.buer
*Varnish makes websites fly!*
Whitepapers <http://www.varnish-software.com/whitepapers> |
Video<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7t2Sp174eI> |
Twitter <https://twitter.com/varnishsoftware>


tfheen at varnish-software

Oct 10, 2011, 6:00 AM

Post #12 of 16 (2052 views)
Permalink
Re: Varnish drops connections and make several HTTP 206 [In reply to]

]] Kacper Wysocki

| setting send_timeout lower does make this problem more frequent for me
| and setting this higher makes it less frequent, but why exactly are we
| hitting the send timeout here? doesnt make sense to me.

Because our implementations of TCP timeouts is not completely correct or
complete. You could try https://gist.github.com/1275251 and see if that
makes for more happiness.

Regards,
--
Tollef Fog Heen
Varnish Software
t: +47 21 98 92 64

_______________________________________________
varnish-misc mailing list
varnish-misc [at] varnish-cache
https://www.varnish-cache.org/lists/mailman/listinfo/varnish-misc


kacperw at gmail

Oct 10, 2011, 2:36 PM

Post #13 of 16 (2053 views)
Permalink
Re: Varnish drops connections and make several HTTP 206 [In reply to]

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Tollef Fog Heen
<tfheen [at] varnish-software> wrote:
> ]] Kacper Wysocki
>
> | setting send_timeout lower does make this problem more frequent for me
> | and setting this higher makes it less frequent, but why exactly are we
> | hitting the send timeout here? doesnt make sense to me.

> Because our implementations of TCP timeouts is not completely correct or
> complete.  You could try https://gist.github.com/1275251 and see if that
> makes for more happiness.

Oh, who knew. So if you set the timeout to 10s then it will kill
transfers at 10 seconds?

I could try patching the version string to 3.0.2 or do you mean there
is some change in 3.0.2 that attempts to make more happiness?
:-P none of this is very intuitive. So far I've bumped the timeout and
so all I can pray is that
1) clients have enough bandwidth to complete any file they are
interested in within the timeout, and
2) noone thinks of slowl0ris'ing me considering my whacky timeout value

:-P 0K

_______________________________________________
varnish-misc mailing list
varnish-misc [at] varnish-cache
https://www.varnish-cache.org/lists/mailman/listinfo/varnish-misc


tfheen at varnish-software

Oct 10, 2011, 10:31 PM

Post #14 of 16 (2045 views)
Permalink
Re: Varnish drops connections and make several HTTP 206 [In reply to]

]] Kacper Wysocki

| On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Tollef Fog Heen
| <tfheen [at] varnish-software> wrote:
| > ]] Kacper Wysocki
| >
| > | setting send_timeout lower does make this problem more frequent for me
| > | and setting this higher makes it less frequent, but why exactly are we
| > | hitting the send timeout here? doesnt make sense to me.
|
| > Because our implementations of TCP timeouts is not completely correct or
| > complete.  You could try https://gist.github.com/1275251 and see if that
| > makes for more happiness.
|
| Oh, who knew. So if you set the timeout to 10s then it will kill
| transfers at 10 seconds?

Yes. This is actually documented, if a bit surprising.

| I could try patching the version string to 3.0.2 or do you mean there
| is some change in 3.0.2 that attempts to make more happiness?

Oh, that was the wrong patch, try https://gist.github.com/1277365 instead.

--
Tollef Fog Heen
Varnish Software
t: +47 21 98 92 64

_______________________________________________
varnish-misc mailing list
varnish-misc [at] varnish-cache
https://www.varnish-cache.org/lists/mailman/listinfo/varnish-misc


listas at kurtkraut

Oct 11, 2011, 12:33 PM

Post #15 of 16 (2046 views)
Permalink
Re: Varnish drops connections and make several HTTP 206 [In reply to]

Hi,


Does anyone have a clue on the issue I've reported? I've provided the
varnishlog during the time varnish keeps stopping the download.

Thanks in advance,


Kurt Kraut

2011/10/9 Kurt Kraut <listas [at] kurtkraut>

> Hi,
>
>
> Sorry for the lack of varnishlog. My mistake. Here goes the varnishlog, the
> correspondent wget log and other stuff that might be useful:
>
> Varnishlog: http://pastebin.com/SVZRqL2k
> Wget log downloading through varnish: http://pastebin.com/uv4kp97m
> Wget log downloading straight through backend:
> http://pastebin.com/5usCHpE0 (note that there are no interruptions)
> My default.vcl file: http://pastebin.com/idiBvh6f
>
> If you need any further details I will be glad to provide them.
>
>
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
>
> Kurt Kraut
>
> 2011/10/7 Per Buer <perbu [at] varnish-software>
>
>> Hi Kurt,
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 8:17 PM, Kurt Kraut <listas [at] kurtkraut> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> (..)
>>>
>>>
>>> What do you think? Is it a bug?
>>>
>>
>> Okey. This is one of the reasons top-posting is bad. Tollef asked you for
>> varnishlog entry, which is the only sane input we can have in order to
>> actually tell you what is going on without it being total speculation.
>>
>> You ignored that. Why? If you need help actually getting sane varnishlog
>> output please tell so.
>>
>> I'm _guessing_ you are running into timeouts. But without a log entry,
>> that's only a guess.
>>
>> --
>> Per Buer, CEO
>> Phone: +47 21 98 92 61 / Mobile: +47 958 39 117 / Skype: per.buer
>> *Varnish makes websites fly!*
>> Whitepapers <http://www.varnish-software.com/whitepapers> | Video<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7t2Sp174eI> |
>> Twitter <https://twitter.com/varnishsoftware>
>>
>>
>>
>


apj at mutt

Oct 11, 2011, 12:40 PM

Post #16 of 16 (2071 views)
Permalink
Re: Varnish drops connections and make several HTTP 206 [In reply to]

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 04:33:49PM -0300, Kurt Kraut wrote:
>
> Does anyone have a clue on the issue I've reported? I've provided the
> varnishlog during the time varnish keeps stopping the download.

Any reason to think it's not what Tollef already addressed elsewhere in this
thread?

--
Andreas

_______________________________________________
varnish-misc mailing list
varnish-misc [at] varnish-cache
https://www.varnish-cache.org/lists/mailman/listinfo/varnish-misc

Varnish misc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.