jdzstz at gmail
Jan 12, 2011, 10:19 AM
I have published varnish 2.1.4 packages in Cygwin plataform:
Varnish 2.1.4 packages in cygwin
All varnish functionalities seems to work ok.
The installation/update procedure is standard to other varnish
packages in cygwin:
1) Download and execute "setup.exe" from http://www.cygwin.com/
(direct link: http://cygwin.com/setup.exe )
2) Follow all steps until "Select Packages" step. (usually, just
3) Select varnish package, located in: "Net" or in "Web"
category. You can also use "Search" functionality.
4) Execute rest of steps. (usually, just press "next")
Varnish paths in cygwin are very similar to Debian / Ubuntu ones:
- /usr/sbin => varnishd
- /usr/bin => Other varnish* binaries
- /usr/bin => Dynamic libraries (DLL, equivalent to SO files)
- /usr/lib => Static libraries
- /usr/share/man/ => Man pages
- /etc/varnish/ => Config files
- /var/varnish/ => Varnish instance and shmlog directory
Cygwin platform is a Windows DLL and UNIX environment for Windows.
Cygwin consists of two parts: a dynamic-link library (DLL) as an API
compatibility layer providing a substantial part of the POSIX API
functionality, and an extensive collection of software tools and
applications that provide a Unix-like look and feel.
More info: http://www.cygwin.com
varnish-dist mailing list
varnish-dist [at] varnish-cache