Mailing List Archive: Varnish: Dist

Packaging varnish against a jemalloc as a system library

Varnish dist RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ingvar at redpill-linpro

Nov 29, 2010, 2:30 AM

Packaging varnish against a jemalloc as a system library

I recently added the stand-alone jemalloc-2.0.1 to the Fedora/EPEL
package collection. It is in rawhide, and will reach the stable-updates
branches after cooking a few weeks in testing-updates.

Following this, I will change my future builds of varnish for Fedora and
EPEL to use the system library rather than the version that's included.

A simple patch to make trunk do this is here:
http://users.linpro.no/ingvar/varnish/varnish-jemalloc_as_system_library.patch

The upstream specfile does not reflect this yet, and since the patch is
trivial and can be maintained in Fedora, and I have heard no plans on
stopping shipping jemalloc in the source, it can stay like this for now.

Ingvar

tfheen at varnish-software

Mar 10, 2011, 3:33 AM

Re: Packaging varnish against a jemalloc as a system library [In reply to]

]] Ingvar Hagelund

| A simple patch to make trunk do this is here:
| http://users.linpro.no/ingvar/varnish/varnish-jemalloc_as_system_library.patch

I've applied a variant of this patch now. We'll use the system jemalloc
if it exists and fall back to the included one if not.

--
Tollef Fog Heen
Varnish Software