Mailing List Archive: Varnish: Dist

Debian Lenny

Varnish dist RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

stewsnooze at gmail

Debian Lenny

Hi,

Does anyone know of a location/repository that would have a recent
version of Varnish for Debian Lenny. I am thinking at least 2.0.x.
Debian Lenny comes with 1.1.2

Thanks
Stew

stewsnooze at gmail

Re: Debian Lenny [In reply to]

Hi,

Just a quick mail back to close this thread and to document how to get
a newer Varnish on Debian Lenny.

I've noticed that Debian SID includes a fairly recent version (2.0.6).
I'll be pinning my repositories to get 2.0.6 onto Lenny.

I'll be pinning the repository using a method similar to the one on
this page http://jaqque.sbih.org/kplug/apt-pinning.html The obvious
difference will be the URL differences to point to SID for unstable.

and only varnish will be installed using apt-get install varnish/unstable

Stew