Mailing List Archive: Varnish: Dev

Storage configuration/Varnish configuration language

Varnish dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

andersb at vgnett

Mar 7, 2006, 5:43 PM

Storage configuration/Varnish configuration language

> In message <1231.193.213.34.102.1141725469.squirrel at denise.vg.no>, "Anders
> Berg
> " writes:
>

>>Fixed. One thing that eluded me so far is how we are gonna configure the
>>storage backend(s).
>>
>>Or is this gonna be implemented from the commandline tool and part of the
>>managment protocol?
>>

> Yes.
>
> Storage will be defined with command line args or if that gets too
> unweildy, with a traditional config file for the management process.

Okay, I can see how that might turn out unweildy. Either way, a Varnish
configuration must exist on every node anyway, if not for any other
purpose than to know the IP address of the managment node.

The reason I asked was to see if we might need storage commands in the
Varnish Configuration Language.

if (storage.freespace < 200MB){
if (obj.size > 200MB){
no_cache
}
}

http://klikk.vg.no/vcl.html is updated some, and I put some notes under
the Object table.

Anders Berg

> --
> Poul-Henning Kamp | UNIX since Zilog Zeus 3.20
> phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
> FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe
> Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by
> incompetence.

andersb at vgnett

Mar 7, 2006, 5:43 PM

Storage configuration/Varnish configuration language [In reply to]