Mailing List Archive: Varnish: Dev

[patch] vtc: scale timeout constants with npar

Varnish dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

slink at schokola

Nov 5, 2010, 8:32 AM

[patch] vtc: scale timeout constants with npar

Hi,

phk has added parallelism to varnishtest, which is cool for those of us who live
on larger SMPs (-j option).

Running first tests with -j, I noticed that some hardcoded timeouts expire much
more easily when fully loading a machine, so as a first, very simplistic
approach, I've changed those timeout to scale with the number of parallel jobs.

But timeouts in varnishtest will probably need to be revisited.

Nils
Attachments: vtc_scale_timeout_constants_with_npar.patch (1.93 KB)

Varnish dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded