tfheen at varnish-software
Jun 16, 2011, 3:30 PM
It is my pleasure to announce Varnish 3.0.0 – our best release so
far. There are lots of changes with the most notable ones being:
* Module support through VMODs.
* Compression and uncompression support, including stiching together
compressed ESI fragments.
* Preliminary streaming support, both on miss and on pass.
* Much improved documentation.
* Better default values for parameters.
* Varnishncsa now has custom log format support.
* Varnishlog, varnishncsa and varnishhist can now filter out records
that match multiple expressions.
This is just a short summary of all the changes, please see the
changelog for a fuller list. Please note that VCL has changed in
backwards-incompatible fashion, but please see the changelog and
documentation for more details.
Tollef Fog Heen,
on behalf of the Varnish team
varnish-announce mailing list
varnish-announce [at] varnish-cache