tfheen at varnish-software
Jun 7, 2011, 4:09 AM
Post #1 of 1
We are pleased to announce the second beta for Varnish Cache 3.0.0.
Varnish 3.0.0 beta 2 released
Our focus over the last month has been polish and getting ready for the
Some of the changes from beta 1 include:
* documentation updates, particularly for the standard VMOD.
* varnishncsa now ignores piped requests, since there's generally too
little information for us to do anything sensible with them.
* the VCL compiler is now stricter in enforcing no duplication of
backends or probes.
* the «stats» command has been removed from the CLI interface as it did
not work well with the new dynamic counters.
* VCL now has vcl_init and vcl_fini functions that are called when a
VCL is loaded or unloaded. This can be used for initialising VMODs.
In addition to various bug fixes and other improvements. Please see
http://varnish-cache.org/trac/browser/doc/changes.rst for a fuller list
of changes, and the more in-depth review of the changes on
The release can be downloaded from
Tollef Fog Heen
t: +47 21 98 92 64
varnish-announce mailing list
varnish-announce [at] varnish-cache