tfheen at varnish-software
Oct 21, 2010, 6:50 AM
Post #1 of 1
We are pleased to announce Varnish 2.1.4, a bug fix and feature release
in the Varnish 2.1 series. The most notable changes are:
* A bug in the binary heap layout caused inflated object counts, this
has been fixed.
* Much more comprehensive documentation.
* A DNS director that uses DNS lookups for choosing which backend to
route requests to has been added.
* The client director now uses the variable client.identity for choosing
which backend to send a given request to.
* String representation of now, making it easier to add Expires headers
* Portability fixes for Solaris.
* Various bug fixes.
This is a summary of the changes, please see the changelog for a fuller
The release can be downloaded from
Tollef Fog Heen, on behalf of the Varnish Developers
varnish-announce mailing list
varnish-announce [at] varnish-cache