Mailing List Archive: Trac: Users

Recommendation for update from 0.11.1 to 1.0 ?

Trac users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

timo.rumland at googlemail

Aug 11, 2012, 3:28 AM

Recommendation for update from 0.11.1 to 1.0 ?

Hello,

currently we are still using Trac 0.11.1. When it goes 1.0, we really would
like to jump on the new version, migrating our Trac if possible in any way.

My question is, do you recommend the migration/update or to start over with
a complete new Trac installation because the migration from 0.11.1 might be
too complicated? On the other hand, it will be merely impossible for us to
drop all the information we currently have in Trac, so we need to do an
update I think.

What do you think, is it complicated to upgrade from 0.11.1 to 1.0?

Thanks a lot for your thoughts!

Best regards,
Timo

hoff.st at web

Aug 12, 2012, 5:05 AM

Re: Recommendation for update from 0.11.1 to 1.0 ? [In reply to]

jai.sharma.p at gmail

Oct 9, 2012, 5:37 AM

Re: Recommendation for update from 0.11.1 to 1.0 ? [In reply to]

Hi,

Can you folks help me with Trac upgrade from 0.11 to 1.0 with mysql db.

I read and tried alot but unable to get the upgrade successful.

Regards,

Jai

mark.cooke at siemens

Oct 9, 2012, 5:59 AM

RE: Re: Recommendation for update from 0.11.1 to 1.0 ? [In reply to]

First: one message is enough. Posting more than one only a few minutes apart is an easy way to annoy people. It is acceptable to reply to your original message after a day or so if you get no response...

Yes: follow the instructions provided on the upgrade page:-

http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracUpgrade

> I read and tried alot but unable to get the upgrade successful.

What did you actually try and what did not work? We cannot usefully help you with such general questions, you need to be more specific. Provide the commands you tried and any error or log messages.

Good luck,

~ mark c

jai.sharma at naukri

Oct 9, 2012, 6:04 AM

RE: Re: Recommendation for update from 0.11.1 to 1.0 ? [In reply to]

When I do this trac-admin /path/to/projenv upgrade --no-backup, I'm getting couple of _mysql_exceptions. That's the reason I requested for steps to migrate Trac 0.11 to Trac 1.0 on MySQL 5.5 with Python 2.6.6.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai

First: one message is enough. Posting more than one only a few minutes apart is an easy way to annoy people. It is acceptable to reply to your original message after a day or so if you get no response...

DISCLAIMER
This email is intended only for the person or the entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information which is confidential and privileged. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or any other use of the said information by person or entities other than intended recipient is unauthorized and prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email and contact the sender.

mark.cooke at siemens

Oct 9, 2012, 7:13 AM

RE: Re: Recommendation for update from 0.11.1 to 1.0 ? [In reply to]

Polite note: this list prefers to post in-line as it makes it easier to pick up the thread later on (so I'm moving your response), see below...

I'm sorry but that still is not enough:

1. What steps have you completed: have you already installed the new trac 1.0? How?
2. What are the exact error messages?
3. Have you confirmed that a new, clean Trac works OK for you?
4. what platform are you on?

As I use PostgreSQL on Windoze I'm probably not the best to help you but we can at least try...

~ mark c