Mailing List Archive: Trac: Users

Any plug-ins or tools to automate deployment in Trac

Trac users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

shreeni999 at gmail

Aug 7, 2012, 11:54 PM

Any plug-ins or tools to automate deployment in Trac

All,

We are trying to automate our deployment process in PHP development.

Environment:
PHP, SVN (Version Control), Trac

Ideally, I am looking for a plug-in or a workaround where in I can query
the revisions associated with a Trac ticket and checkout those versions of
files from SVN for deployment to our apache.

If a plug-in isn't available, we are open to write a script that can query
Trac repository to get SVN revisions against a ticket and take it from
there.

I have searched around on the web and in these forums but haven't found a
solution.

Thanks in advance

debacle at debian

Aug 8, 2012, 1:11 AM

Re: Any plug-ins or tools to automate deployment in Trac [In reply to]

On 2012-08-07 23:54, Srinivas G wrote:
> Ideally, I am looking for a plug-in or a workaround where in I can query
> the revisions associated with a Trac ticket and checkout those versions of
> files from SVN for deployment to our apache.

We are doing automatic deployment, but not related to tickets.
In fact we just use Bitten to do the build and some checks (lint
etc.) and let the build recipe copy the files. In our case we
build Debian packages and use reprepro to put them into the
repository, but it would be even simpler when you just need to
copy/scp files around. Just take a look at Bitten...

robguttman at gmail

Aug 8, 2012, 8:25 AM

Re: Any plug-ins or tools to automate deployment in Trac [In reply to]

Srinivas, this isn't likely just what you're looking for but may give you ideas:

http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/CloudPlugin - deployment integration for chef and AWS (we use to deploy specific refs specified in Trac web GUI)
http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/CodeReviewerPlugin - has facility to determine latest (git) revision that has been code reviewed by ticket

- Rob