Mailing List Archive: Trac: Users

XMLRPC, Ticket Email Notification

Trac users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jaxxa90 at gmail

Jul 18, 2012, 9:53 PM

XMLRPC, Ticket Email Notification

I am having an issue with XMLRPC and sending emails about ticket updates.

This issue is that when a ticket Summary is updated, the email still
reflects the old Summary of the ticket, from before the update happened.
Trac itself reflects the update when I view the ticket from the email link.

This has been happening both with the Announcer pluging, and the standard
Trac notifier.
When creating a Ticket from the web there are no issues and the emails are
working fine.

I had a seasch through the archives and this seams to be as similar issue
to what "Reinhard Wobst" described with the XMLRPC interface. Unfortunatly
his solution of putting a sleep(1) between calls wont work for me because
the email notification is done automatically and not a s a seperate call.

I supose my next step is to try and find the correct place in the server
code to put a sleep command, eather in XMLRPC or Announcer. Anyone have any
advice on how best to go about this or other solutions.

Currently we are running Python 2.6, Trac 12.2 and using Tracd.
Hopefully next week we will be updating to Python 2.7, Trac 12.3 and
Apache.

So I will probably wait to see if that changes anything to do with this
issue.

Jaxxa.

jaxxa90 at gmail

Jul 18, 2012, 11:00 PM

Re: XMLRPC, Ticket Email Notification [In reply to]

Forgot to mention that I am using Ruby and Trac4r to connect.

Jaxxa.

jaxxa90 at gmail

Aug 1, 2012, 10:13 PM

Re: Re: XMLRPC, Ticket Email Notification [In reply to]

Have upgraded to Apache 2.2, Pything 2.7 and Trac 12.3
The issue is still occuring with these new versions.

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Jaxxa <jaxxa90 [at] gmail> wrote:

> Forgot to mention that I am using Ruby and Trac4r to connect.
>

> Jaxxa.

> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/trac-users?hl=en.

jaxxa90 at gmail

Aug 6, 2012, 7:16 PM

Re: Re: XMLRPC, Ticket Email Notification [In reply to]

Would you believe that it looks like it was a capitalisation issue.

In the structure when summary is capitalised in the Ruby code "{:Summary
=> "New Summary"} I get the behaviour that was described above with the
older Summary being displayed in the Email subject.

After changing the summary to be all lowercase "{:summary => "New
Summary"}, I then get the behaviour that I would expect, with the current
summary in the email and a note that it has changed.
Interestingly when I was having the issue it only effected the emails being
sent, the ticket summary was still being updated and shown on the Trac web
view.

Also I moved over to the XMLRPC/client rahter than trac4r in Ruby, but I
don't think that this effected the issue.

Do you think that this is worth filing a bug report?
On one hand it was my code that was wrong and needed to be changed, on the
other hand I would expect that since it was working and updating on the Web
version it would also be doing that for the automatic Emails.

PS: Can anyone please reply to this message so I know that It is getting
through, I haven't gotten any replays to it and am wondering it it has not
gone through properly.

Jaxxa

olemis at gmail

Aug 6, 2012, 9:47 PM

Re: Re: XMLRPC, Ticket Email Notification [In reply to]

I'm not sure of whether this is a bug or not .

On 8/6/12, Joshua Woodward-Clarke <jaxxa90 [at] gmail> wrote:
> Would you believe that it looks like it was a capitalisation issue.
>
> In the structure when summary is capitalised in the Ruby code "{:Summary
> => "New Summary"} I get the behaviour that was described above with the
> older Summary being displayed in the Email subject.
>
> After changing the summary to be all lowercase "{:summary => "New
> Summary"}, I then get the behaviour that I would expect, with the current
> summary in the email and a note that it has changed.
> Interestingly when I was having the issue it only effected the emails being
> sent, the ticket summary was still being updated and shown on the Trac web
> view.
>
> Also I moved over to the XMLRPC/client rahter than trac4r in Ruby, but I
> don't think that this effected the issue.
>
> Do you think that this is worth filing a bug report?
> On one hand it was my code that was wrong and needed to be changed, on the
> other hand I would expect that since it was working and updating on the Web
> version it would also be doing that for the automatic Emails.
>

> PS: Can anyone please reply to this message so I know that It is getting
> through, I haven't gotten any replays to it and am wondering it it has not
> gone through properly.
>
> Jaxxa

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/