Mailing List Archive: Trac: Users

SVN commit ticket reference not appended

Trac users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

mirek.laus at gmail

SVN commit ticket reference not appended

Hi,

I'm using trace 0.12 with Subversion. CommitTicketUpdater component
enabled.
Committing a change set with "close" command, ie. "Closes #322" closes
the
ticket and appends the message to that ticket. But referring to a
ticket with
"Refs #322" does not append any message to the ticket. What could be
wrong?

Best regards,
Miroslav

ryano at physiosonics

Re: SVN commit ticket reference not appended [In reply to]

On Friday, May 4, 2012 10:57:33 PM UTC-7, Mirek Lauš wrote:

> Committing a change set with "close" command, ie. "Closes #322" closes
> the
> ticket and appends the message to that ticket. But referring to a
> ticket with
> "Refs #322" does not append any message to the ticket. What could be
> wrong?

My first guess would be that you've explicitly set the list of `commit_ticket_update_commands.refs`,
and it doesn't include "refs". You can find documentation in the ticket
section of the TracIni page on a trac instance in which the plugin is
installed, and if you have the CONFIG_VIEW permission, you can view your
configuration on the `about` page.

http://trac.edgewall.org/browser/trunk/tracopt/ticket/commit_updater.py?marks=107-133#L105

mirek.laus at gmail

Re: SVN commit ticket reference not appended [In reply to]

On May 5, 11:00 pm, RjOllos <ry...@physiosonics.com> wrote:
> On Friday, May 4, 2012 10:57:33 PM UTC-7, Mirek Lauš wrote:
>
> > Committing a change set with "close" command, ie. "Closes #322" closes
> > the
> > ticket and appends the message to that ticket. But referring to a
> > ticket with
> > "Refs #322" does not append any message to the ticket. What could be
> > wrong?
>
> My first guess would be that you've explicitly set the list of `commit_ticket_update_commands.refs`,
> and it doesn't include "refs". You can find documentation in the ticket
> section of the TracIni page on a trac instance in which the plugin is
> installed, and if you have the CONFIG_VIEW permission, you can view your
> configuration on the `about` page.
>
> http://trac.edgewall.org/browser/trunk/tracopt/ticket/commit_updater....

Yes, I've tried that also. No matter what I set the
`commit_ticket_update_commands.refs` option to,
the message is never appended to the ticket, it's just recorded with
the changeset commit message.

mirek.laus at gmail

Re: SVN commit ticket reference not appended [In reply to]

On May 6, 7:02 am, Mirek Lauš <mirek.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 5, 11:00 pm, RjOllos <ry...@physiosonics.com> wrote:
>

> > On Friday, May 4, 2012 10:57:33 PM UTC-7, Mirek Lauš wrote:
>
> > > Committing a change set with "close" command, ie. "Closes #322" closes
> > > the
> > > ticket and appends the message to that ticket. But referring to a
> > > ticket with
> > > "Refs #322" does not append any message to the ticket. What could be
> > > wrong?
>
> > My first guess would be that you've explicitly set the list of `commit_ticket_update_commands.refs`,
> > and it doesn't include "refs". You can find documentation in the ticket
> > section of the TracIni page on a trac instance in which the plugin is
> > installed, and if you have the CONFIG_VIEW permission, you can view your
> > configuration on the `about` page.
>
> >http://trac.edgewall.org/browser/trunk/tracopt/ticket/commit_updater....
>
> Yes, I've tried that also. No matter what I set the
> `commit_ticket_update_commands.refs` option to,
> the message is never appended to the ticket, it's just recorded with
> the changeset commit message.

Ok, I've found what's the cause there. The message won't get appended
to the
ticket while the ticket is already closed. Is there some config option
to change that?
Or do I have to reopen the ticket manually before commiting?

-ml

ryano at physiosonics

Re: SVN commit ticket reference not appended [In reply to]

On Wednesday, May 9, 2012 12:35:48 AM UTC-7, Mirek Lauš wrote:

> Ok, I've found what's the cause there. The message won't get appended
> to the
> ticket while the ticket is already closed. Is there some config option
> to change that?
> Or do I have to reopen the ticket manually before commiting?

There is no config option for that as far as I know, and I'm able to Refs a
closed ticket on Trac 0.12.3 and the comment gets inserted. Have you made
sure to setup the Explicit synchronization (1)?

I'd set the Trac log level to debug and see if you get one of the two log
messages (2) inside the _update_tickets method.

(1) http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracRepositoryAdmin#ExplicitSync
(2)
http://trac.edgewall.org/browser/trunk/tracopt/ticket/commit_updater.py?marks=214,222#L209

mirek.laus at gmail

Re: SVN commit ticket reference not appended [In reply to]

On May 9, 11:41 pm, RjOllos <ry...@physiosonics.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 9, 2012 12:35:48 AM UTC-7, Mirek Lauš wrote:
>
> > Ok, I've found what's the cause there. The message won't get appended
> > to the
> > ticket while the ticket is already closed. Is there some config option
> > to change that?
> > Or do I have to reopen the ticket manually before commiting?
>
> There is no config option for that as far as I know, and I'm able to Refs a
> closed ticket on Trac 0.12.3 and the comment gets inserted. Have you made
> sure to setup the Explicit synchronization (1)?

That's exactly my setup.

> I'd set the Trac log level to debug and see if you get one of the two log
> messages (2) inside the _update_tickets method.
>
> (1)http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracRepositoryAdmin#ExplicitSync
> (2)http://trac.edgewall.org/browser/trunk/tracopt/ticket/commit_updater....

I'm not able to do Python at all.

-ml

jsilver at doublesharp

Re: SVN commit ticket reference not appended [In reply to]

I had this problem too - for me it ended up being that the
CommitTicketReferenceMacro (just above CommitTicketUpdater) wasn't
enabled, but through following this thread I did also find a
permission error with my PYTHON_EGG_CACHE...

To enable logging visit Admin>Logging and change the Type to file. You
should now have a /path/to/trac/log/trac.log file with all kinds
debugging info (or whatever you set the level to).

If you can't get to the admin you can edit /path/to/trac/conf/trac.ini
and find the [logging] section and change "log_type = none" to
"log_type = file"

-j

On May 10, 12:57 am, Mirek Lauš <mirek.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 9, 11:41 pm, RjOllos <ry...@physiosonics.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, May 9, 2012 12:35:48 AM UTC-7, Mirek Lauš wrote:
>
> > > Ok, I've found what's the cause there. The message won't get appended
> > > to the
> > > ticket while the ticket is already closed. Is there some config option
> > > to change that?
> > > Or do I have to reopen the ticket manually before commiting?
>
> > There is no config option for that as far as I know, andI'mable to Refs a
> > closed ticket on Trac0.12.3 and the comment gets inserted. Have you made
> > sure to setup the Explicit synchronization (1)?
>
> That's exactly my setup.
>
> > I'd set the Trac log level to debug and see if you get one of the two log
> > messages (2) inside the _update_tickets method.
>
> > (1)http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracRepositoryAdmin#ExplicitSync
> > (2)http://trac.edgewall.org/browser/trunk/tracopt/ticket/commit_updater....
>
> I'mnot able to do Python at all.
>
> -ml

mirek.laus at gmail

Re: SVN commit ticket reference not appended [In reply to]

On May 15, 5:29am, jsilver <jsil...@doublesharp.com> wrote:
> I had this problem too - for me it ended up being that the
> CommitTicketReferenceMacro (just above CommitTicketUpdater) wasn't
> enabled, but through following this thread I did also find a
> permission error with my PYTHON_EGG_CACHE...
>
> To enable logging visit Admin>Logging and change the Type to file. You
> should now have a /path/to/trac/log/trac.log file with all kinds
> debugging info (or whatever you set the level to).
>
> If you can't get to the admin you can edit /path/to/trac/conf/trac.ini
> and find the [logging] section and change "log_type = none" to
> "log_type = file"
>
> -j

I had this in my trac.ini:

tracopt.ticket.commit_updater.* = enabled

So I try to change it to this:

tracopt.ticket.commit_updater.committicketreferencemacro = enabled
tracopt.ticket.commit_updater.committicketupdater = enabled

Let's see.

And I don't seem to have any permission problems with the
PYTHON_EGG_CACHE
regarding to debug logfile.

-ml