Mailing List Archive: Trac: Users

Missing menu items after upgrading from python 2.4 to 2.6

Trac users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

espakm at gmail

Missing menu items after upgrading from python 2.4 to 2.6

Hi,

I have Trac 0.12.3 installed here, it works nicely with Python 2.4. I
want to upgrade to Python 2.6 because the GitPlugin does not support
2.4.

I installed the required packages and modules. However if I run the
site on Python 2.6, some items are missing from the main menu.

The "Log in", "Browse source", "New ticket" and "Admin" links are
missing. The latter three might be the consequence of the first.

I made the upgrade with the following commands:
# yum install python26
# yum install python26-mod_python
# yum install python26-mod_wsgi
# yum install python26-distribute
# alias python='/usr/bin/python26'
# easy_install-2.6 Genshi
# easy_install-2.6 Babel
# easy_install-2.6 pygments
# easy_install-2.6 Trac
# easy_install-2.6 pytz
# easy_install-2.6 docutils

Then I disabled the mod_python module (2.4) in the apache settings, so
the 2.6 version is loaded.

Does anybody have an idea what is going wrong?

Thank you,
Miklos

ryano at physiosonics

Re: Missing menu items after upgrading from python 2.4 to 2.6 [In reply to]

On Thursday, May 3, 2012 4:12:31 AM UTC-7, espakm wrote:

> Does anybody have an idea what is going wrong?

No idea, but have you checked the log files?:
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracLogging

espakm at gmail

Re: Re: Missing menu items after upgrading from python 2.4 to 2.6 [In reply to]

I sorted it out.

The links were missing because I did not have the Python 2.6 version
of the TracAccountManager and the svn module.

The second was a hard nut, because I had to compile the full
subversion from source.

Thanks anyway,
Miklos