Mailing List Archive: Trac: Users

repository browser vs repository server (hg)

Trac users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

asouzaleite at gmx

repository browser vs repository server (hg)

Hi list,

sorry for the newbie question. I couldn't find the same issue in the
mail archive.

I don't understand the explanation

url: The url attribute specifies the root URL to be used for checking
out from the repository. When specified, a "Repository URL" link is
added to the context navigation links in the source browser, that can
be copied into the tool used for creating the working copy.

in http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/0.12/TracRepositoryAdmin

Does it mean that the Trac environment serves the repositories

a) for browsing
b) for checking out (or cloning) ?

My test configuration is:

[repositories]
#
foo.currywurst
currywurst.dir=../../foo.currywurst
currywurst.description=The Foo Currywurst
currywurst.type=hg
currywurst.url=/currywurst

#
foo.mayo
mayo.dir=../../foo.mayo
mayo.description=The Foo Mayo
mayo.type=hg
mayo.url=mayo

I can browse both repositories in
http://localhost:7777/PommesBude1/browser/currywurst
and
http://localhost:7777/PommesBude1/browser/mayo

These are well working mercurial repositories, which I can also see in
the Trac repository browser.

But trying to clone causes an error:

~/tmp$ hg clone http://localhost:7777/PommesBude1/repos/mayo
Abbruch: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

~/tmp$ hg clone http://localhost:7777/PommesBude1/mayo
Abbruch: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

~/tmp$ hg clone http://localhost:7777/PommesBude1/currywurst
Abbruch: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

hg clone http://localhost:7777/PommesBude1/repos/currywurst
Abbruch: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

whereas pointing the browser to
http://localhost:7777/PommesBude1/browser/mayo
and
http://localhost:7777/PommesBude1/browser/currywurst

shows the current stat of the repositories without any error.

I think I am misunderstanding something basic here. I'm thankful for
help.

Regards,

Aroldo.

alindsharma at gmail

Re: repository browser vs repository server (hg) [In reply to]

For repository cloning etc i.e serving the repository, you have to
setup hgwebdir or rhodecode. I dont think that we can clone from trac
instance. Its only for browsing the repo (and other things like
tickets, wiki etc)

asouzaleite at gmx

Re: repository browser vs repository server (hg) [In reply to]

Hi alind,

thanks for the explanation. I think I misunderstood the effect of

[repositories]
myrepository.dir=
myrepository.url=

which is explained in the TracRepositoryAdmin documentation like
this:

url The url attribute specifies the root URL to be used for checking
out from the repository. When specified, a "Repository URL" link is
added to the context navigation links in the source browser, that can
be copied into the tool used for creating the working copy.

So the effect is just the a context navigation link, and not the
serving of the repository for version control. I just commented out
the 'myrepository.url' entry and the browsing is working just as
well.

Thanks again.

Aroldo.

alindsharma at gmail

Re: repository browser vs repository server (hg) [In reply to]

May be you should also try the webadmin interface of trac.
It smoothes sailing of trac a lot.