Mailing List Archive: Trac: Users

'Retarget associated tickets'

Trac users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

rino.deiaco at gmail

'Retarget associated tickets'

Trac 0.11
We use a custom workflow with defined a new status "rejected".
When i close a milestone and i retarget the open ticket on another
milestone, trac move on new milestone also tickets in status rejected
(for my workflow, tickets in status rejected are closed).
I configured trac.ini as the follow but don't work.

[milestone-groups]
closed = closed,rejected

Any idea?

i found on trac project the bug #9141, but seems to have been ignored
http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/9141

thank
Rino

mark.cooke at siemens

> We use a custom workflow with defined a new status "rejected".
> When i close a milestone and i retarget the open ticket on another
> milestone, trac move on new milestone also tickets in status rejected
> (for my workflow, tickets in status rejected are closed).
> I configured trac.ini as the follow but don't work.
>
> [milestone-groups]
> closed = closed,rejected
>
> Any idea?
>
> i found on trac project the bug #9141, but seems to have been ignored
> http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/9141
>
> thank
> Rino

I do not have any immediate suggestions but am wondering why status `closed` with resolution `rejected` (or `wontfix`) does not work for you?

~ mark c

rino.deiaco at gmail

Re: 'Retarget associated tickets' [In reply to]

i defined three new actions resolve, verify and reject

resolve with next status resolved
verify with next status closed
reject with next status rejected

I defined only on rejected status different value for resolution:
reject as invalid
wontfix

if I have to change everything, I will do that.

On Apr 11, 3:32 pm, "Cooke, Mark" <mark.co...@siemens.com> wrote:
> [...]

mark.cooke at siemens

RE: Re: 'Retarget associated tickets' [In reply to]

> On Apr 11, 3:32 pm, "Cooke, Mark" <mark.co...@siemens.com> wrote:

What we have is a workflow action called `Reject`, something like:

reject = new -> closed
reject.name = Reject
reject.permissions = TICKET_ADMIN
reject.set_resolution = rejected

...you should probably make suret that `rejected` has been added to your list of `Resolutions` in the Trac Admin panel. This sets the state to closed (so trac handles it correctly) and records the rejection in the `resolution` attribute. Then you do not need to change the [milestone-groups] but you may need to add the `Resolution` column to your reports.

Would that work OK for you?

~ mark c

rino.deiaco at gmail

Re: 'Retarget associated tickets' [In reply to]

we have:
reject=new,assigned,accepted,reopened -> rejected
reject.default=2
reject.name=reject
reject.operations=set_resolution
reject.permissions=TICKET_MODIFY

in Resolution's section of admin console we have defined the following
values:
Invalid
Worksforme
duplicate
wontfix

mark.cooke at siemens

RE: Re: 'Retarget associated tickets' [In reply to]

[.Please note: the convention here is to post at the bottom to make it easier to follow the thread...]

...and the reason that Trac tried to retarget your tickets is that Trac (as you saw from #9141 and also specified in TracWorkflow) expects any state other than `closed` to still be active (from http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracWorkflow):
{{{
There are a couple of hard-coded constraints to the workflow. In particular, tickets are created with status new, and tickets are expected to have a closed state. Further, the default reports/queries treat any state other than closed as an open state.
}}}

Until that gets changed, all you need to get your workflow to work is change `rejected` to `closed`. You could also specify the resolution as in my example above. What does this not give you?

~ mark c

rino.deiaco at gmail

Re: 'Retarget associated tickets' [In reply to]

I installed advancedworkflowplugin. On reject action it reset
milestone field and am very happy. I tested the plugin and it work
fine for me.
thank for all