Mailing List Archive: Trac: Users

SubversionException "SQLite is required to be compiled and run in thread-safe mode"

Trac users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

silver83 at gmail

Mar 28, 2012, 6:31 PM

SubversionException "SQLite is required to be compiled and run in thread-safe mode"

Hi,
after a long while trying to debug this, it seems like php5 is making
new subversion installs not able to talk to trac repository browser.

see : http://www.snowbotic.com/archives/61 regarding dav_svn, which
seems to have a similar problem.

The problem looks like it relates to php5 and libsvn where php5's
bundled sqlite library has a version that doesn't work with newer
subversion repo's, and it gets loaded before the one python tries to
load dynamically via its swig interface.

I'm not sure this is actually the case, just that as a fact when I
disable the php5 module in my apache, the problem goes away.

Ideas ? should I be sending this to the dev list instead ?

silver83 at gmail

Re: SubversionException "SQLite is required to be compiled and run in thread-safe mode" [In reply to]

Someone ? Anyone ?

On Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:31:25 AM UTC+2, yoni.s wrote:

> Hi,
> after a long while trying to debug this, it seems like php5 is making
> new subversion installs not able to talk to trac repository browser.
>
> see : http://www.snowbotic.com/archives/61 regarding dav_svn, which
> seems to have a similar problem.
>
> The problem looks like it relates to php5 and libsvn where php5's
> bundled sqlite library has a version that doesn't work with newer
> subversion repo's, and it gets loaded before the one python tries to
> load dynamically via its swig interface.
>
> I'm not sure this is actually the case, just that as a fact when I
> disable the php5 module in my apache, the problem goes away.
>
> Ideas ? should I be sending this to the dev list instead ?

brownnrl at gmail

Re: Re: SubversionException "SQLite is required to be compiled and run in thread-safe mode" [In reply to]

I think the dev list would be a good place to put this. Where do you get
the subversion exception? I'd be prepared with the log at a DEBUG level
during the request where the exception was raised.

Do you get an error when you run {{{ trac-admin /path/to/project resync }}}?

-Nelson