Mailing List Archive: Trac: Users

Unable to browse repository

Trac users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

dartme18 at gmail

Mar 21, 2012, 1:03 PM

Unable to browse repository

http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/10636
Was declined as an installation issue. I'm not so sure, but I'll talk
to you all for a while and see if we can tell what's up.
I won't bother rewriting here, so please let me know if you would like
a copy of the ticket description sent to your e-mail if you can't
follow links or something like that.

And let me know if you have any questions.

And, most of all, please let me know how to fix the problem.

Aaron

fbrettschneider at baumer

Mar 22, 2012, 12:13 AM

RE: Unable to browse repository [In reply to]

Hi,
Limited_Atonement wrote:
> http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/10636
Your logging tells us a DLL of the svn part cannot be loaded, likely not
found in env var PATH. You could reinstall with
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/BitNami Trac, that's the easiest way to
get a system working out of the box.

CU, F [at] l

---
Falk Brettschneider
R&D Software
Baumer Optronic GmbH
www.baumer.com
Geschaftsfuhrer: Marcel Seeber . Dr. Oliver Vietze
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Radeberg
Amtsgericht Dresden: HRB 15379
Ust. ID: DE 189714583

mark.cooke at siemens

Mar 22, 2012, 12:24 AM

> Was declined as an installation issue. I'm not so sure, but I'll talk
> to you all for a while and see if we can tell what's up.

That is the accepted process, discuss here and only create a ticket if the concensus is "bug"...

> I won't bother rewriting here, so please let me know if you would like
> a copy of the ticket description sent to your e-mail if you can't
> follow links or something like that.

Hmm, that's unlilkely to win you any friends, even if you were peeved your ticket had been closed ("what, cut-and-paste too much effort for you, why should I be bothered"?)

So, anyway, here is your description:

> I recently moved my Trac installation to a new server and I'm seeing
> some very strange behaviour. My setup:
>
> * Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter SP 1
> * Trac 0.12.3
> * Svn server running 1.7.4
> * Python 2.7
> * Python bindings from Alagazam.net

How are you serving trac / svn? Apache or tracd / svnserve?

> I have tested the python bindings using instructions I found on
> TracSubversion :

> As expected.
>
> I'm able to add the repository and trac-admin . repository resync
> it with no errors. I can also changeset add and changeset modified
> with success. Some excerpts from the log file are
> http://pastie.org/3641941.

As F [at] l already mentioned, this is likely a path issue. How are you running apache / tracd? As an interactive user or as a service? As what user? What is their environment (esp. `path`) set to?

> I'm unable to browse the repository (the "Browse Source" link
> doesn't appear).

Obvious (probably unrelated) questions:-
1) have you checked your trac permissions?
2) do you use / have you checked your svn path-based permissions

> I'm using the CommitTicketReferenceMacro? plugin, and when I visit
> a ticket that has a referenced revision (using CommitTicketUpdater),
> the page says
>
> Unsupported version control system "svn": DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

As expected...

> At this point, I cannot see the ticket contents. I get an updating
> e-mail showing me that the comment from the svn commit was recorded,
> and the ticket got an appropriate comment from CommitTicketUpdater.
>
> I've had problems with the bindings before on a different server, so
> I feel quite familiar with the requirements and the Trac documentation
> on the subject, and I can't think of anything more to do to diagnose
> or alleviate these issues.
>
> The issues are also confusing in that Trac seems to be doing alright
> with subversion up to a point.

Check your serving user's path (and permissions! Server 2008 is likely much more restrictive by default than older windoze versions) and come back...

~ mark c

Aaron.Laws at procure

Mar 22, 2012, 7:55 AM

RE: Unable to browse repository [In reply to]

Mark Cook wrote:
> That is the accepted process, discuss here and only create a ticket if
> the concensus is "bug"...

Ah, good to know. I checked the IRC channel and got some help there first, but I'll be sure to consult the mailing list first.

> Hmm, that's unlilkely to win you any friends, even if you were peeved
> your ticket had been closed ("what, cut-and-paste too much effort for
> you, why should I be bothered"?)

Thanks for the note. I thought it would be bothersome to see the text in two places, but now that you mention it, it does seem more convenient to bring it to the list separately. (Likewise, in the ticket, I put console output on a pastie site. Do you think that's a good idea?)

> How are you serving trac / svn? Apache or tracd / svnserve?

I knew I forgot something! I'm using tracd and svnserve to serve trac and svn.

> As F [at] l already mentioned, this is likely a path issue. How are you
> running apache / tracd? As an interactive user or as a service? As
> what user? What is their environment (esp. `path`) set to?

Okay, just deleted my e-mail (below this) and started over.

My testing was faulty. I thought that I was able to reproduce the issue running tracd on my desktop because I would "net stop trac" and run it from the command line and use a browser to get to trac and see the "bug" exhibited again. Actually, "net stop trac" was not stopping my trac installation (service issues, uggh). I "ps python | kill" now to actually stop trac before running it from my desktop, and I see that it works. It's a path issue. The path the service was using was incorrect, and the path my desktop session was using was correct.

Sorry for yet another path issue bogging up the mailing list, but thanks very much for your help and patience.

Aaron