Mailing List Archive: Trac: Users

Full names in addition to usernames?

Trac users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jdrukman at gmail

Feb 22, 2012, 2:49 PM

Full names in addition to usernames?

We're using restrict_owner=true for tickets, so we have a nice dropdown.
However, with 100+ users it is hard to know who's who. Is it possible to
show full names anywhere a username is currently displayed?

ryano at physiosonics

Jun 13, 2012, 3:32 AM

Re: Full names in addition to usernames? [In reply to]

On Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:49:01 PM UTC-8, Jon Drukman wrote:

> We're using restrict_owner=true for tickets, so we have a nice dropdown.
> However, with 100+ users it is hard to know who's who. Is it possible to
> show full names anywhere a username is currently displayed?

I don't think this is currently supported:

http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/7339

I have a vague memory of a trac-hacks plugin that implemented this feature,
but couldn't locate it with a quick search. I could be misremembering.

milhomens at gmail

Jun 13, 2012, 5:24 AM

Re: Re: Full names in addition to usernames? [In reply to]

I have used that patch, but later I needed some more customization, so I
ended up using FlexibleAssignToPlugin:
http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/FlexibleAssignToPlugin
You can also customize, if it fits, which groups will be assigned on each
ticket state, this way you can reduce the 100+ users for each step (if it
suits your use). The plugin alone doesn't do a thing, you need to write
your own component. Using the example provided on the plugin page I made
some modifications for my own use.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 7:32 AM, RjOllos <ryano [at] physiosonics> wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:49:01 PM UTC-8, Jon Drukman wrote:
>>
>> We're using restrict_owner=true for tickets, so we have a nice dropdown.
>> However, with 100+ users it is hard to know who's who. Is it possible to
>> show full names anywhere a username is currently displayed?
>

> I don't think this is currently supported:
>
> http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/7339
>
> I have a vague memory of a trac-hacks plugin that implemented this
> feature, but couldn't locate it with a quick search. I could be
> misremembering.

trachacks at bof

Jun 13, 2012, 6:37 AM

Re: Re: Full names in addition to usernames? [In reply to]

Also have a look at http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/GroupingAssignToPlugin
which is a specific implementation under FlexibleAssignTo, proving an
(IMHO as the author) nice way to define owner group names in trac.ini
and then add users through the usual permissions control panel to one or
more of these groups.

best regards
Patrick