Mailing List Archive: Trac: Users

Temporarily suppress email notifications

Trac users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

caleb.constantine at gmail

Jan 12, 2012, 11:47 AM

Temporarily suppress email notifications

Is there a way to temporarily suppress email notifications? I have Trac
configured to send email notifications using `smtp_always_bcc`. This works
fine most of the time, but there are situations where it doesn't make sense
to spam my team with email, such as assigning a bunch of tickets to a
milestone.

I'm aware of QuietPlugin <http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/QuietPlugin>, which
does exactly what I need, but it depends on AnnouncerPlugin
<http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/AnnouncerPlugin>which I don't really want to
install.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

mlmackes at praxiseng

Jan 12, 2012, 2:17 PM

RE: Temporarily suppress email notifications [In reply to]

My low-tech method I use when I occassionally want to update or close out a bunch of tickets for a release without spamming everyone is to just go into the trac.ini and turn of the smtp_enabled temporarily until I am done, then I re-enable it.

________________________________
Is there a way to temporarily suppress email notifications? I have Trac configured to send email notifications using `smtp_always_bcc`. This works fine most of the time, but there are situations where it doesn't make sense to spam my team with email, such as assigning a bunch of tickets to a milestone.

I'm aware of QuietPlugin<http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/QuietPlugin>, which does exactly what I need, but it depends on AnnouncerPlugin <http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/AnnouncerPlugin> which I don't really want to install.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

caleb.constantine at gmail

Jan 13, 2012, 5:05 AM

Re: Temporarily suppress email notifications [In reply to]

That's what I do now. I do it so much, however, I regularly keep a SHH
terminal open so I can edit trac.ini; I am hoping for better solution.

oddsimons at gmail

Jan 13, 2012, 5:54 AM

Re: Temporarily suppress email notifications [In reply to]

On Jan 13, 2:05 pm, Const <caleb.constant...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's what I do now. I do it so much, however, I regularly keep a SHH
> terminal open so I can edit trac.ini; I am hoping for better solution.

Perhaps use BatchModifyPlugin? It contains a checkbox to "Send E-mail
Notifications" on/off when making batch changes to tickets.

:::simon

https://www.coderesort.com
http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/osimons

caleb.constantine at gmail

Jan 13, 2012, 11:17 AM

Re: Temporarily suppress email notifications [In reply to]

BatchModifyPlugin doesn't cover all cases where I might want to suppress
emails (e.g. creating tickets), but the other features of the plugin make
it very, very useful anyway; I just might keep it installed. That being
said, there is no Python 2.7 version. I built one from the trunk, but I'm
not sure how stable the trunk is. Sad to see it needs a maintainer.