Mailing List Archive: Trac: Users

TracError: Repository not found

Trac users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jorgeas80 at gmail

Jun 8, 2011, 1:06 PM

TracError: Repository not found

Hi,

I'm getting that error when trying to execute trac-admin /path/to/trac
repository resync /path/to/svnroot/repo1

Both paths exist. I'm trying to use Trac 0.12 with several svn
repositories. I could resync the first one without problems, but the
second one causes that error. Now, I can't resync any of them. I
always get a error like this:

$ trac-admin /path/to/trac repository resync /path/to/svnroot/repoN

TracError: Repository '/path/to/svnroot/repoN' not found.

And the repository does exist. Tested.

Software used: Ubuntu 10.04, Trac 0.12, Subversion 1.6.12, Python 2.6,
Apache2 + mod_wsgi.

Things done:

- Svn repositories created and tested, working well.

- Trac initenv and deploy admin operations executed in trac
directory.

- Apache configured adding these lines to /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/
dav_svn.conf:

<Location /svn>
DAV svn
SVNParentPath /path/to/svnroot
AuthType Basic
AuthName “Subversion Repository”
AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/dav_svn.passwd
Require valid-user
</Location>

My repos are /path/to/svnroot/repo1 and /path/to/svnroot/repo2.

And these lines were added to /etc/apache2/conf.d/trac.project.conf

WSGIScriptAlias /myTrac /path/to/trac/deploy/cgi-bin/trac.wsgi

<Directory /path/to/trac/deploy/cgi-bin>
WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Directory>

<Location "/myTrac/login">
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Trac"
AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/dav_svn.passwd
Require valid-user
</Location>

Same passwords are used for svn and trac: /etc/apache2/dav_svn.passwd,
created with htpasswd.

Any clues about the TracError problem? Thanks in advance,

Best regards,
Jorge

kirean at gmail

Jun 8, 2011, 11:21 PM

Re: TracError: Repository not found [In reply to]

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 10:06 PM, Jorge A.S. <jorgeas80 [at] gmail> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm getting that error when trying to execute trac-admin /path/to/trac
> repository resync /path/to/svnroot/repo1
>
> Both paths exist. I'm trying to use Trac 0.12 with several svn
> repositories. I could resync the first one without problems, but the
> second one causes that error. Now, I can't resync any of them. I
> always get a error like this:
>
> $ trac-admin /path/to/trac repository resync /path/to/svnroot/repoN
>
> TracError: Repository '/path/to/svnroot/repoN' not found.

What about file permissions? Can the webserver user access the repositories?

Cheers / Erik

> And the repository does exist. Tested.
>
> Software used: Ubuntu 10.04, Trac 0.12, Subversion 1.6.12, Python 2.6,
> Apache2 + mod_wsgi.
>
> Things done:
>
> - Svn repositories created and tested, working well.
>
> - Trac initenv and deploy admin operations executed in trac
> directory.
>
> - Apache configured adding these lines to /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/
> dav_svn.conf:
>
> <Location /svn>
> DAV svn
> SVNParentPath /path/to/svnroot
> AuthType Basic
> AuthName “Subversion Repository”
> AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/dav_svn.passwd
> Require valid-user
> </Location>
>
> My repos are /path/to/svnroot/repo1 and /path/to/svnroot/repo2.
>
> And these lines were added to /etc/apache2/conf.d/trac.project.conf
>
> WSGIScriptAlias /myTrac /path/to/trac/deploy/cgi-bin/trac.wsgi
>
> <Directory /path/to/trac/deploy/cgi-bin>
> WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
> Order deny,allow
> Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> <Location "/myTrac/login">
> AuthType Basic
> AuthName "Trac"
> AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/dav_svn.passwd
> Require valid-user
> </Location>
>
> Same passwords are used for svn and trac: /etc/apache2/dav_svn.passwd,
> created with htpasswd.
>
> Any clues about the TracError problem? Thanks in advance,
>
> Best regards,
> Jorge

jorgeas80 at gmail

Jun 9, 2011, 1:39 AM

Re: TracError: Repository not found [In reply to]

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 8:21 AM, Erik Andersson <kirean [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 10:06 PM, Jorge A.S. <jorgeas80 [at] gmail> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm getting that error when trying to execute trac-admin /path/to/trac
>> repository resync /path/to/svnroot/repo1
>>
>> Both paths exist. I'm trying to use Trac 0.12 with several svn
>> repositories. I could resync the first one without problems, but the
>> second one causes that error. Now, I can't resync any of them. I
>> always get a error like this:
>>
>> $ trac-admin /path/to/trac repository resync /path/to/svnroot/repoN
>>
>> TracError: Repository '/path/to/svnroot/repoN' not found.
>
> What about file permissions? Can the webserver user access the repositories?
> Cheers / Erik

Yes, both repositories belong to www-data user. And I can browse the
source of the first repository from trac without problems.

I forgot something: I first installed Trac using apt-get, and I get
version 0.11.7. Then I read the multirepository support had improved
in version 0.12. So, I updated trac following
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracUpgrade, without errors.

>> And the repository does exist. Tested.
>>
>> Software used: Ubuntu 10.04, Trac 0.12, Subversion 1.6.12, Python 2.6,
>> Apache2 + mod_wsgi.
>>
>> Things done:
>>
>> - Svn repositories created and tested, working well.
>>
>> - Trac initenv and deploy admin operations executed in trac
>> directory.
>>
>> - Apache configured adding these lines to /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/
>> dav_svn.conf:
>>
>> <Location /svn>
>> DAV svn
>> SVNParentPath /path/to/svnroot
>> AuthType Basic
>> AuthName “Subversion Repository”
>> AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/dav_svn.passwd
>> Require valid-user
>> </Location>
>>
>> My repos are /path/to/svnroot/repo1 and /path/to/svnroot/repo2.
>>
>> And these lines were added to /etc/apache2/conf.d/trac.project.conf
>>
>> WSGIScriptAlias /myTrac /path/to/trac/deploy/cgi-bin/trac.wsgi
>>
>> <Directory /path/to/trac/deploy/cgi-bin>
>> WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
>>        Order deny,allow
>>        Allow from all
>>  </Directory>
>>
>>  <Location "/myTrac/login">
>>        AuthType Basic
>>        AuthName "Trac"
>> AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/dav_svn.passwd
>> Require valid-user
>> </Location>
>>
>> Same passwords are used for svn and trac: /etc/apache2/dav_svn.passwd,
>> created with htpasswd.
>>
>> Any clues about the TracError problem? Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Jorge
>>
>> --

yskim at nxdevice

Jan 17, 2012, 1:41 AM

Re: TracError: Repository not found [In reply to]

Hi,

I have same problem, tracError Repository not found when repository resync
"*", but I have the repository.
Did you find the solution or cause?

Best Regards,