Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Trac: Users

Internal Server Error with MySQL

 

 

Trac users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


randy.witlicki at valley

Feb 8, 2011, 4:31 AM

Post #1 of 3 (536 views)
Permalink
Internal Server Error with MySQL

Hello,

On a Red Linux system, I just upgraded PHP from 5.2 to 5.3 with
Zend (I used yum) and that went well.

But now, testingg all the other applications, Trac is broken:

2011-02-08 12:21:48,225 Trac[main] ERROR: Internal Server Error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Trac-0.11.7-py2.4.egg/trac/
web/main.py", line 450, in _dispatch_request
dispatcher.dispatch(req)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Trac-0.11.7-py2.4.egg/trac/
web/main.py", line 176, in dispatch
chosen_handler)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Trac-0.11.7-py2.4.egg/trac/
web/main.py", line 296, in _pre_process_request
chosen_handler = filter_.pre_process_request(req, chosen_handler)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Trac-0.11.7-py2.4.egg/trac/
versioncontrol/api.py", line 86, in pre_process_request
self.get_repository(req.authname).sync()
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Trac-0.11.7-py2.4.egg/trac/
versioncontrol/cache.py", line 91, in sync
cursor.execute("SELECT name, value FROM system WHERE name IN (%s)"
%
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Trac-0.11.7-py2.4.egg/trac/db/
util.py", line 65, in execute
return self.cursor.execute(sql)
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 174, in
execute
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 36,
in defaulterrorhandler
InterfaceError: (0, '')


Any Idea how I proceed from here?

Note: I can manually connect to the Mysql database - e.g. "mysql -u
trac -p" at the command line.

Thanks, Randy

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Trac Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to trac-users [at] googlegroups
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to trac-users+unsubscribe [at] googlegroups
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/trac-users?hl=en.


cboos at neuf

Feb 8, 2011, 4:41 AM

Post #2 of 3 (527 views)
Permalink
Re: Internal Server Error with MySQL [In reply to]

On 2/8/2011 1:31 PM, randywitlicki wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On a Red Linux system, I just upgraded PHP from 5.2 to 5.3 with
> Zend (I used yum) and that went well.
>
> But now, testingg all the other applications, Trac is broken:
>
> 2011-02-08 12:21:48,225 Trac[main] ERROR: Internal Server Error:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Trac-0.11.7-py2.4.egg/trac/
> web/main.py", line 450, in _dispatch_request
> dispatcher.dispatch(req)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Trac-0.11.7-py2.4.egg/trac/
> web/main.py", line 176, in dispatch
> chosen_handler)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Trac-0.11.7-py2.4.egg/trac/
> web/main.py", line 296, in _pre_process_request
> chosen_handler = filter_.pre_process_request(req, chosen_handler)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Trac-0.11.7-py2.4.egg/trac/
> versioncontrol/api.py", line 86, in pre_process_request
> self.get_repository(req.authname).sync()
> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Trac-0.11.7-py2.4.egg/trac/
> versioncontrol/cache.py", line 91, in sync
> cursor.execute("SELECT name, value FROM system WHERE name IN (%s)"
> %
> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Trac-0.11.7-py2.4.egg/trac/db/
> util.py", line 65, in execute
> return self.cursor.execute(sql)
> File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 174, in
> execute
> File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 36,
> in defaulterrorhandler
> InterfaceError: (0, '')
>
>
> Any Idea how I proceed from here?
>
> Note: I can manually connect to the Mysql database - e.g. "mysql -u
> trac -p" at the command line.
>
> Thanks, Randy
>

Not sure what this error exactly means, but searching on t.e.o gives you
http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/6237
which seems to indicate it's related to the encoding configuration.
OTOH, a similar error is also reported as
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=21543

Could it be that your PHP upgrade brought some new mysql libraries along
the way, incompatible with your mysqldb bindings?
Rebuild the latter to be sure. Better yet, configure your web front end
so that you don't run PHP and Python in the same process.

-- Christian

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Trac Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to trac-users [at] googlegroups
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to trac-users+unsubscribe [at] googlegroups
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/trac-users?hl=en.


randy.witlicki at valley

Feb 8, 2011, 5:04 AM

Post #3 of 3 (524 views)
Permalink
Re: Internal Server Error with MySQL [In reply to]

I got it fixed (at least for now).
I had done a "# yum install zend-server-php-5.3" (which installed
a lot of dependencies).
I have not uninstalled (erased) anything.
In /etc/httpd/conf.d I found the files zendserver_gui.conf and
zendserver_php.conf and moved these out of the conf.d directory and
restarted the Apache httpd and things are now working.
The second of these two files has the line:
LoadModule php5_module /usr/local/zend/lib/apache2/libphp5.so

Could that have affected the mysql to python linkage?

Thanks!

Randy

On Feb 8, 7:41 am, Christian Boos <cb...@neuf.fr> wrote:
> On 2/8/2011 1:31 PM, randywitlicki wrote:
>
>
>
> >   Hello,
>
> >    On a Red Linux system,  I just upgraded PHP from 5.2 to 5.3 with
> > Zend (I used yum) and that went well.
>
> >    But now, testingg all the  other applications, Trac is broken:
>
> > 2011-02-08 12:21:48,225 Trac[main] ERROR: Internal Server Error:
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Trac-0.11.7-py2.4.egg/trac/
> > web/main.py", line 450, in _dispatch_request
> >      dispatcher.dispatch(req)
> >    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Trac-0.11.7-py2.4.egg/trac/
> > web/main.py", line 176, in dispatch
> >      chosen_handler)
> >    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Trac-0.11.7-py2.4.egg/trac/
> > web/main.py", line 296, in _pre_process_request
> >      chosen_handler = filter_.pre_process_request(req, chosen_handler)
> >    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Trac-0.11.7-py2.4.egg/trac/
> > versioncontrol/api.py", line 86, in pre_process_request
> >      self.get_repository(req.authname).sync()
> >    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Trac-0.11.7-py2.4.egg/trac/
> > versioncontrol/cache.py", line 91, in sync
> >      cursor.execute("SELECT name, value FROM system WHERE name IN (%s)"
> > %
> >    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Trac-0.11.7-py2.4.egg/trac/db/
> > util.py", line 65, in execute
> >      return self.cursor.execute(sql)
> >    File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 174, in
> > execute
> >    File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 36,
> > in defaulterrorhandler
> > InterfaceError: (0, '')
>
> >    Any Idea how I proceed from here?
>
> >    Note: I can manually connect to the Mysql database - e.g. "mysql -u
> > trac -p" at the command line.
>
> >    Thanks,  Randy
>
> Not sure what this error exactly means, but searching on t.e.o gives youhttp://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/6237
> which seems to indicate it's related to the encoding configuration.
> OTOH, a similar error is also reported ashttp://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=21543
>
> Could it be that your PHP upgrade brought some new mysql libraries along
> the way, incompatible with your mysqldb bindings?
> Rebuild the latter to be sure. Better yet, configure your web front end
> so that you don't run PHP and Python in the same process.
>
> -- Christian

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Trac Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to trac-users [at] googlegroups
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to trac-users+unsubscribe [at] googlegroups
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/trac-users?hl=en.

Trac users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.