Mailing List Archive: syslinux: users

Reloading pxelinux via menu.c32

syslinux users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

dscoular at gmail

Dec 10, 2007, 1:50 PM

Reloading pxelinux via menu.c32

Hi All,
I have used menu.c32 to offer several booting
options to our users via pxelinux... the icing on
the cake would be if there was some mechanism
whereby the pxelinux boot could be restarted,
with the usual search for pxelinux.cfg/... files...
all without a reboot and going through POST.

Does anyone know if this is possible or if a comboot
module exists for such a thing ?

Cheers,

Doug

hpa at zytor

Dec 10, 2007, 2:56 PM

Re: Reloading pxelinux via menu.c32 [In reply to]

Doug Scoular wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have used menu.c32 to offer several booting
> options to our users via pxelinux... the icing on
> the cake would be if there was some mechanism
> whereby the pxelinux boot could be restarted,
> with the usual search for pxelinux.cfg/... files...
> all without a reboot and going through POST.
>
> Does anyone know if this is possible or if a comboot
> module exists for such a thing ?

Just boot pxelinux.0 itself.

-hpa

ryanm at accelrys

Dec 11, 2007, 1:26 AM

Re: Reloading pxelinux via menu.c32 [In reply to]

put this in the conf file you are using:

--------------------
# Return to Main Menu
LABEL MainMenu
MENU DEFAULT
MENU LABEL ^Main Menu
KERNEL vesamenu.c32

Regards,

Ryan McLean

Accelrys Limited (http://www.accelrys.com)
Registered office: 334 Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge, CB4 0WN, UK
Registered in England: 2326316