Mailing List Archive: syslinux: users

Boot with Grub the installation of FreeBSD_6.2 from an floppy image.

syslinux users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ricordatichedevimorire at hotmail

Oct 4, 2007, 3:04 AM

Boot with Grub the installation of FreeBSD_6.2 from an floppy image.

Hi,
I have 2 partition o my HD: /dev/hda1 e /dev/hda2 .
In /dev/hda2 there is Suse_10.1,
/dev/hda1 is empty,
and in the MBR there is Grub.

Normally, FreeBSD can be installed from a CD or a floppy,
but I haven't neither a cd device nor a floppy device.

So, I want run the installation of FreeBSD_6.2 from a floppy image.
In this thread there is an idea, but I didn't understand it.
http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2004-April/003374.html

Can anyone explain me step-by-step how can I boot the installation of FreeBSD from the floppy image, please.
Here are the images.
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/6.2-RELEASE/floppies

Thanks.