Mailing List Archive: syslinux: users

submenu using vesamenu.c32 and menu.c32

syslinux users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

RMMcDowell at comcast

Sep 1, 2007, 11:53 PM

submenu using vesamenu.c32 and menu.c32

Hello everyone

I'm new to using menu.c32 and vesamenu.c32. I have used the original
method of using pxelinux menus. I've read the wiki page and it speaks of
being able to create submenus by making one of my menu options reference
to (vesa)menu.c32 as the kernel and append the config file. I'm not sure
I'm doing it correctly it was a little over simplified. Any help would
be great.

Thanks, Ryan

hpa at zytor

Sep 2, 2007, 1:32 AM

Re: submenu using vesamenu.c32 and menu.c32 [In reply to]

Ryan McDowell wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> I'm new to using menu.c32 and vesamenu.c32. I have used the original
> method of using pxelinux menus. I've read the wiki page and it speaks of
> being able to create submenus by making one of my menu options reference
> to (vesa)menu.c32 as the kernel and append the config file. I'm not sure
> I'm doing it correctly it was a little over simplified. Any help would
> be great.

Perhaps you should explain what you're trying...

-hpa

tomcatmj at web

Oct 1, 2007, 3:10 PM

Re: submenu using vesamenu.c32 and menu.c32 [In reply to]

Am Sonntag 02 September 2007 08:53:53 schrieb Ryan McDowell:
> Hello everyone
>
> I'm new to using menu.c32 and vesamenu.c32. I have used the original
> method of using pxelinux menus. I've read the wiki page and it speaks of
> being able to create submenus by making one of my menu options reference
> to (vesa)menu.c32 as the kernel and append the config file. I'm not sure
> I'm doing it correctly it was a little over simplified. Any help would
> be great.
>
> Thanks, Ryan

Perhaps, if you understand enoug german language, my website
http://www.mosnis.dyndns.org might be interesting for you where im working on
a documentation how to build a Networkinstallationserver for installing
different Operatingsystems via PXE-Boot? I've some exampleconfigurations with
textmode menues via menu.c32 and VESA-Menues via vesamenu.c32 in a choosable
structure....
I guess nearby end of this week i'll move the Website to an externalserver
instead of my homeserver, so that websites stability, availability and
performance should then be a lot better than with my actual 992 kbit/s
upstream ;)

I'll tell the upcoming webaddress when the domain is available and perhaps
some translators are interested in helping with the Site?

Regards,
Tom Meierjürgen (aka TomcatMJ)
--
Tom's Websites: