Mailing List Archive: syslinux: users

LSPCI comboot module

syslinux users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jalifrangis at authenticlick

Jun 27, 2007, 11:13 AM

LSPCI comboot module

Is there an LSPCI comboot module that someone has written?

Or a linux style boot disk that has:

a KERNEL

b LSPCI

c very small size

d quick boot time

I am currently having to get through a 5 - 7 minute boot cycle with a
fedora setup just to get the lspci output.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

Authenticlick, Inc.
5757 Wilshire Boulevard | Penthouse One
Los Angeles, California 90036
Tel: 323.330.0404 x202 | Fax: 323.330.0755
email: jalifrangis [at] authenticlick
<mailto:jalifrangis [at] authenticlick>

Jacob Alifrangis

Director of Operations
Attachments: image001.jpg (2.07 KB)

hpa at zytor

Jun 27, 2007, 11:41 AM

Re: LSPCI comboot module [In reply to]

Jacob Alifrangis wrote:
> Is there an LSPCI comboot module that someone has written?

I don't believe so, but there is code written to do the PCI bus
enumeration (at least for domain zero), so adding code to print it out
should be trivial.

-hpa

erwan at seanodes

Jul 2, 2007, 3:30 AM

Re: LSPCI comboot module [In reply to]

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Jacob Alifrangis wrote:
>
>> Is there an LSPCI comboot module that someone has written?
>>

> I don't believe so, but there is code written to do the PCI bus
> enumeration (at least for domain zero), so adding code to print it out
> should be trivial.

Damn... I thougth the code I did for doing such features was in the
current tree :/
I did a lspci by reading the pciids files.... I'll try to find out this
old code...

Erwan,

erwan at seanodes

Aug 9, 2007, 7:40 AM

Re: LSPCI comboot module [In reply to]

Jacob Alifrangis wrote:
> Is there an LSPCI comboot module that someone has written?
I didn't forgot you ;o)
I found the code I wrote for doing the pci listing and the
vendor/product name vendor found in the pci.ids file.

I reworked the patch, I'm sending it to the list.
Hope it helps,

Erwan,