Mailing List Archive: syslinux: users

Mount Hard Drive Once Booted?

syslinux users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

stone at stoneguardian

Jun 1, 2007, 10:43 AM

Mount Hard Drive Once Booted?

Hi. I am new to syslinux and have been searching for days for a solution to
an issue. I feel I am missing something simple.

I have a syslinux USB drive made from HP (nice utility they have). It mounts
an A: DOS drive and mounts the USB flash drive as C:. However, I also need
the actual system hard drive mounted. How do I do that? Is it possible?

-Phil

strange at nsk

Jun 1, 2007, 11:50 AM

Re: Mount Hard Drive Once Booted? [In reply to]

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 01:43:34PM -0400, Stoneguard wrote:
> Hi. I am new to syslinux and have been searching for days for a solution to
> an issue. I feel I am missing something simple.
>
> I have a syslinux USB drive made from HP (nice utility they have). It mounts
> an A: DOS drive and mounts the USB flash drive as C:. However, I also need
> the actual system hard drive mounted. How do I do that? Is it possible?

It depends on the type of filesystem used in the hdd. DOS usually only
supports FAT.

--
lfr
0/0

stone at stoneguardian

Jun 1, 2007, 1:16 PM

Re: Mount Hard Drive Once Booted? [In reply to]

I have used this exact same DOS Image from a CD to copy files to the hard
drive from the CD. I am using the CD to do unattended installs. I wazs
hoping that a flash drive would save time burning new CDs when a driver
update was needed.

-Phil

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 01:43:34PM -0400, Stoneguard wrote:
> Hi. I am new to syslinux and have been searching for days for a
> solution to an issue. I feel I am missing something simple.
>
> I have a syslinux USB drive made from HP (nice utility they have). It
> mounts an A: DOS drive and mounts the USB flash drive as C:. However,
> I also need the actual system hard drive mounted. How do I do that? Is it
possible?

It depends on the type of filesystem used in the hdd. DOS usually only
supports FAT.

--
lfr
0/0

strange at nsk

Jun 1, 2007, 1:41 PM

Re: Mount Hard Drive Once Booted? [In reply to]

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 04:16:56PM -0400, Stoneguard wrote:
> I have used this exact same DOS Image from a CD to copy files to the hard
> drive from the CD. I am using the CD to do unattended installs. I wazs
> hoping that a flash drive would save time burning new CDs when a driver
> update was needed.

See if the drive has moved to other drive letter. D:, etc.

(If the BIOS is booting the usb stick as a normal harddisk, then it puts
it as C, and I expect the other drives as D, E, ...)

--
lfr
0/0

syslinux users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded