hpa at zytor
Oct 23, 2010, 10:17 AM
Post #1 of 1
It was actually released yesterday, but due to some technical
difficulties I didn't get a chance to announce it properly:
Syslinux 4.03 is primarily a bug fix release.
Changes in 4.03:
* Don't hang if no configuration file is found.
* Better support for booting from MBRs which don't pass
* EXTLINUX: Try to be smarter about finding the partition
* chain.c32: support chainloading Dell Real Mode Kernel (Gene
* chain.c32: fix booting in CHS mode.
* rosh.c32 updated (Gene Cumm).
* Fix the -s option to the syslinux/extlinux installer (Arwin
* isohybrid: fix padding of large images (PJ Pandit).
Description: SYSLINUX is a collection of boot loaders for the Linux
operating system which operates off Linux ext2/3/4 or
btrfs filesystems, MS-DOS FAT filesystems, network
servers using PXE firmware, or from CD-ROMs. The FAT
filesystem version can be installed from DOS, NT, or
It includes a sophisticated API for add-on "COM32"
modules, including a significant subset of the
standard C library.
It also includes MEMDISK, a tool to boot legacy
operating systems from nontraditional media like PXE
This version includes gPXE, to allow accessing network
files via other protocols than TFTP.
Keywords: syslinux pxelinux isolinux extlinux msdos boot loader
floppy install network ext2 ext3 ext4 btrfs pxe iso9660 cdfs
Author: hpa [at] zytor (H. Peter Anvin)
Maintained-by: hpa [at] zytor (H. Peter Anvin)
Primary-site: ftp.kernel.org /pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux
Platforms: DOS, Win32 or Linux to install. Linux, perl and NASM
later required to build from source.
Copying-policy: GPL, MIT
H. Peter Anvin, Intel Open Source Technology Center
I work for Intel. I don't speak on their behalf.
SYSLINUX-announce mailing list
SYSLINUX-announce [at] zytor