hpa at zytor
Jul 2, 2010, 11:48 AM
Post #1 of 1
Syslinux 4.01 is a bug fix release for 4.00, but also includes the new
experimental lua interpreter, as well as the ifplop module.
Changes in 4.01:
* ISOLINUX: fix initialization on systems which don't zero
* SYSLINUX/EXTLINUX: fix handing of disk read retries in
* ISOLINUX: change the initialization sequence to avoid
problems with certain (old) BIOSes. Special thanks to
Helmut Hullen for invaluable debugging support.
* ifplop.c32: new module which detects if the PLoP Boot Loader
already has booted a CDROM or USB drive (Gert Hulselmans).
* Correct a severe memory overwrite bug, triggered primarily
when selecting a very long command line in the menu system.
* lua.c32: Lua script interpreter, currently experimental.
* PXELINUX: new option IPAPPEND 4 to append the system UUID to
the kernel command line.
* PXELINUX: display BOOTIF and SYSUUID at startup time, and
when Ctrl-N is pressed on the command line.
Description: SYSLINUX is a collection of boot loaders for the Linux
operating system which operates off Linux ext2/3/4 or
btrfs filesystems, MS-DOS FAT filesystems, network
servers using PXE firmware, or from CD-ROMs. The FAT
filesystem version can be installed from DOS, NT, or
It includes a sophisticated API for add-on "COM32"
modules, including a significant subset of the
standard C library.
It also includes MEMDISK, a tool to boot legacy
operating systems from nontraditional media like PXE
This version includes gPXE, to allow accessing network
files via other protocols than TFTP.
Keywords: syslinux pxelinux isolinux extlinux msdos boot loader
floppy install network ext2 ext3 ext4 btrfs pxe iso9660 cdfs
Author: hpa [at] zytor (H. Peter Anvin)
Maintained-by: hpa [at] zytor (H. Peter Anvin)
Primary-site: ftp.kernel.org /pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux
Platforms: DOS, Win32 or Linux to install. Linux, perl and NASM
2.03 or later required to build from source.
Copying-policy: GPL, MIT
SYSLINUX-announce mailing list
SYSLINUX-announce [at] zytor