hpa at zytor
May 4, 2009, 2:25 PM
Post #1 of 1
3.80 is a bug fix and internal restructuring release. In particular,
the entire shuffler subsystem has been rewritten largely from scratch,
as has the Multiboot module.
Changes in 3.80:
* New shuffler mechanism and API.
* Rewritten mboot.c32 module.
* The syslinux_boot_linux() function has been simplified.
* Don't hang trying to boot a "menu quit" label from the CLI.
* Fix problem with boot-once "sticking" on some BIOSes.
* isohybrid: fix problem with images over 2 GB in size.
* APM poweroff module (poweroff.com) by Sebastian Herbszt.
* ISOLINUX: fix the handling of large directories. Bug found
and fixed by Steffen Winterfeldt.
Description: SYSLINUX is a collection of boot loaders for the Linux
operating system which operates off Linux ext2/3
filesystems, MS-DOS FAT filesystems, network servers
using PXE firmware, or from CD-ROMs. The FAT
filesystem version can be installed from DOS, NT, or
It includes a sophisticated API for add-on "COM32"
modules, including a significant subset of the
standard C library.
It also includes MEMDISK, a tool to boot legacy
operating systems from nontraditional media like PXE
This version includes gPXE, to allow accessing network
files via other protocols than TFTP.
Keywords: syslinux pxelinux isolinux extlinux msdos boot loader
floppy install network ext2 ext3 pxe iso9660 cdfs
Author: hpa [at] zytor (H. Peter Anvin)
Maintained-by: hpa [at] zytor (H. Peter Anvin)
Primary-site: ftp.kernel.org /pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux
Platforms: DOS or Linux to install. Linux, perl and nasm 0.98.39 or
later required to build from source.
SYSLINUX-announce mailing list
SYSLINUX-announce [at] zytor