Mailing List Archive: SPF: Help

SPF_FAIL although it is a legitimated mail from local email account

SPF help RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

mailings at l10n-support

Jun 2, 2009, 9:18 PM

SPF_FAIL although it is a legitimated mail from local email account

Hi all,

I am fighting spam on our server. we receive a lot of spam using email
addresses of our own domain. The SPF check is a gread system to find
out this spam mails.

BUT now my own emails get scored SPF_FAIL from spamassasin.
Of cause the sender IP is my local home IP. But I am using auth

(AUTH: LOGIN user [at] my, SSL: TLSv1/SSLv3,256bits,AES256-SHA)
by my.domain.com with esmtp; Wed, 03 Jun 2009 06:46:57 +0200
id 004A91AD.4A260042.0000633A

Is there a solution for this? I would like my own emails not to be caught through SPF

Greetings - Achim

rob.macgregor at gmail

Jun 3, 2009, 12:17 AM

Re: SPF_FAIL although it is a legitimated mail from local email account [In reply to]

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 05:18, Achim <mailings [at] l10n-support> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am fighting spam on our server. we receive a lot of spam  using  email
> addresses of our own domain. The SPF check is  a gread system to find
> out this spam mails.
>
> BUT now my own emails get scored SPF_FAIL from spamassasin.
> Of cause the sender IP is my local home IP. But I am using auth

>  (AUTH: LOGIN user [at] my, SSL: TLSv1/SSLv3,256bits,AES256-SHA)
>  by my.domain.com with esmtp; Wed, 03 Jun 2009 06:46:57 +0200
>  id 004A91AD.4A260042.0000633A
>
> Is there a solution for this? I would like my own emails not to be caught through SPF

You're only using SpamAssassin to perform these checks? Have you
asked on the SpamAssassin list how to whitelist IP ranges?

--
Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor
doesn't become a monster. Friedrich Nietzsche

steve at teamITS

Jun 3, 2009, 7:00 AM

RE: SPF_FAIL although it is a legitimated mail from local email account [In reply to]

Achim wrote on 6/2/2009 11:18:42 PM:

> BUT now my own emails get scored SPF_FAIL from spamassasin.
> Of cause the sender IP is my local home IP. But I am using auth

I'm not that familiar with SpamAssassin as we use an external
service for ourselves and our clients, but it sounds like you have
SpamAssassin set to check outgoing mail as well as incoming. Only
incoming mail should be subject to an SPF test, and I would think,
SpamAssassin.

-----
SPF FAQ: http://www.openspf.org/FAQ
Common mistakes: http://www.openspf.org/FAQ/Common_mistakes

- Steve Yates
- ITS, Inc.
- There are few problems that can't be solved by high explosives.

~ Taglines by Taglinator: www.srtware.com ~