Mailing List Archive: SPF: Help

Anyone seen problems with SPF & the Quarkmail appliance?

SPF help RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

kurta at drkurt

Jul 22, 2007, 7:03 PM

Anyone seen problems with SPF & the Quarkmail appliance?

I've been having problems with SPF records when sending to the newest
version 1.2.2 of the Quarkmail appliance (a Chinese mail appliance
recently deployed by hichina.com - a large Chinese ISP).

Anyone else seeing this problem? In this case, the problem is happening
with the records for 'agilent.com'.

Thanks,
Kurt Andersen

scott at kitterman

Jul 22, 2007, 8:09 PM

Re: Anyone seen problems with SPF & the Quarkmail appliance? [In reply to]

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 19:03:26 -0700 Kurt Andersen <kurta [at] drkurt> wrote:
>I've been having problems with SPF records when sending to the newest
>version 1.2.2 of the Quarkmail appliance (a Chinese mail appliance
>recently deployed by hichina.com - a large Chinese ISP).
>
>Anyone else seeing this problem? In this case, the problem is happening
>with the records for 'agilent.com'.

It's the trailing dot. Agilent.com's record have a trailing dot. Tell the
Quarkmail people to read RFC 4408. It's allowed (in their defence it was a
late add to the spec, but OTOH that was two years ago).

Scott K

kurta at drkurt

Jul 23, 2007, 2:24 PM

Re: Anyone seen problems with SPF & the Quarkmail appliance? [In reply to]

On 7/22/07, Scott Kitterman <scott [at] kitterman> wrote:

> It's the trailing dot. Agilent.com's record have a trailing dot. Tell the
> Quarkmail people to read RFC 4408. It's allowed (in their defence it was a
> late add to the spec, but OTOH that was two years ago).
>
> Scott K

I had suspected that, and found that one of the three external NS for
Agilent had not been updated to remove that trailing '.'. Now that it
has been removed for 3-4 weeks, the problems continue. Are you still
seeing the trailing dot somewhere?

--Kurt

spf2 at kitterman

Jul 23, 2007, 2:31 PM

Re: Anyone seen problems with SPF & the Quarkmail appliance? [In reply to]

On Monday 23 July 2007 17:24, Kurt Andersen wrote:
> On 7/22/07, Scott Kitterman <scott [at] kitterman> wrote:
> > It's the trailing dot. Agilent.com's record have a trailing dot. Tell
> > the Quarkmail people to read RFC 4408. It's allowed (in their defence it
> > was a late add to the spec, but OTOH that was two years ago).
> >
> > Scott K
>
> I had suspected that, and found that one of the three external NS for
> Agilent had not been updated to remove that trailing '.'. Now that it
> has been removed for 3-4 weeks, the problems continue. Are you still
> seeing the trailing dot somewhere?

I didn't look. I just recalled the issue from before. Sorry.

Scott K