Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: SPF: Devel

pypolicyd-spf 0.7 released

 

 

SPF devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


scott at kitterman

Jun 23, 2008, 6:19 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2299 views)
Permalink
pypolicyd-spf 0.7 released

The new version can be found at:

http://www.openspf.org/blobs/pypolicyd-spf-0.7.tar.gz

Significant changes include:

+ Reject option for Mail From not pass or none (parallel HELO option)
+ Reject on Softfail for HELO and Mail From
+ Add receiver policy options per sender domain to reject non-SPF Pass mail
for specific domains
! Move commented config file to a new file and use/install an uncommented
minimal config file to reduce future churn in the operational config file
* Fix prepend only (no action) options to work
* Clarify interaction between several options in documentation.

I've already uploaded the package to Debian Unstable and it will shortly be in
Ubuntu as well.

In addition to the changes above, I've now got a working test suite that makes
it much easier to catch regressions, so this release is improved from a QA
perspective too.

Scott K


-------------------------------------------
Sender Policy Framework: http://www.openspf.org
Modify Your Subscription: http://www.listbox.com/member/
Archives: http://www.listbox.com/member/archive/1007/=now
RSS Feed: http://www.listbox.com/member/archive/rss/1007/
Powered by Listbox: http://www.listbox.com


gerberb at zenez

Jun 23, 2008, 5:53 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2185 views)
Permalink
Re: pypolicyd-spf 0.7 released [In reply to]

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> The new version can be found at:
>
> http://www.openspf.org/blobs/pypolicyd-spf-0.7.tar.gz

The packages for OpenSUSE have been build. Same location as before.

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/gerberb/openSUSE_version/


--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb [at] zenez>
ZENEZ 1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah 84047


-------------------------------------------
Sender Policy Framework: http://www.openspf.org
Modify Your Subscription: http://www.listbox.com/member/
Archives: http://www.listbox.com/member/archive/1007/=now
RSS Feed: http://www.listbox.com/member/archive/rss/1007/
Powered by Listbox: http://www.listbox.com


scott at kitterman

Jun 23, 2008, 7:48 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2178 views)
Permalink
Re: [spf-discuss] Re: pypolicyd-spf 0.7 released [In reply to]

On Monday 23 June 2008 20:53, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > The new version can be found at:
> >
> > http://www.openspf.org/blobs/pypolicyd-spf-0.7.tar.gz
>
> The packages for OpenSUSE have been build. Same location as before.
>
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/gerberb/openSUSE_version/
>
Thank you.

Are there people who can package stuff for other distros (including BSD or
Unix variants) around?

Scott K


-------------------------------------------
Sender Policy Framework: http://www.openspf.org
Modify Your Subscription: http://www.listbox.com/member/
Archives: http://www.listbox.com/member/archive/1007/=now
RSS Feed: http://www.listbox.com/member/archive/rss/1007/
Powered by Listbox: http://www.listbox.com


gerberb at zenez

Jun 24, 2008, 4:49 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2175 views)
Permalink
Re: [spf-discuss] Re: pypolicyd-spf 0.7 released [In reply to]

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Monday 23 June 2008 20:53, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
> > On Mon, 23 Jun 2008, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > > The new version can be found at:
> > >
> > > http://www.openspf.org/blobs/pypolicyd-spf-0.7.tar.gz
> >
> > The packages for OpenSUSE have been build. Same location as before.
> >
> > http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/gerberb/openSUSE_version/
>
> Are there people who can package stuff for other distros (including BSD or
> Unix variants) around?

I do for a lot of Distribution/Unix's. I just do not always have the
time. The OpenSUSE Build Service is morphing into a Linux Build Service.
Many are starting to do all their packaging for any linux Distribution on
it. They have really improved their .deb support. I personally run on my
systems 6-8 flavors of Linux and the same for Unix.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb [at] zenez>
ZENEZ 1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah 84047


-------------------------------------------
Sender Policy Framework: http://www.openspf.org
Modify Your Subscription: http://www.listbox.com/member/
Archives: http://www.listbox.com/member/archive/1007/=now
RSS Feed: http://www.listbox.com/member/archive/rss/1007/
Powered by Listbox: http://www.listbox.com


scott at kitterman

Jun 24, 2008, 5:09 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2189 views)
Permalink
Re: [spf-help] Re: [spf-discuss] Re: pypolicyd-spf 0.7 released [In reply to]

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 05:49:54 -0600 Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb [at] zenez>
wrote:
>On Mon, 23 Jun 2008, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>> On Monday 23 June 2008 20:53, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
>> > On Mon, 23 Jun 2008, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>> > > The new version can be found at:
>> > >
>> > > http://www.openspf.org/blobs/pypolicyd-spf-0.7.tar.gz
>> >
>> > The packages for OpenSUSE have been build. Same location as before.
>> >
>> >
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/gerberb/openSUSE_version/
>>
>> Are there people who can package stuff for other distros (including BSD
or
>> Unix variants) around?
>
>I do for a lot of Distribution/Unix's. I just do not always have the
>time. The OpenSUSE Build Service is morphing into a Linux Build Service.
>Many are starting to do all their packaging for any linux Distribution on
>it. They have really improved their .deb support. I personally run on my
>systems 6-8 flavors of Linux and the same for Unix.
>
This is certainly useful and appreciated.

Since I maintain packages in the Debian/Ubuntu repositories, technical issues aside, I think
the marginal utility of build services packges for Debian/Ubuntu is low.
It would be good if we could get into more distros official repositoroes.

Scott K


-------------------------------------------
Sender Policy Framework: http://www.openspf.org
Modify Your Subscription: http://www.listbox.com/member/
Archives: http://www.listbox.com/member/archive/1007/=now
RSS Feed: http://www.listbox.com/member/archive/rss/1007/
Powered by Listbox: http://www.listbox.com

SPF devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.